Weight Loss Newbie!

Options
Hi!!! :smile:
I'm Nancy from the UK! I have been a size 18 for a VERY long time, whenever I have tried to diet I never stick to it! :mad:
Yesterday I started the Clean 9 Detox.. It was probably a waste of money but I'll do anything to start off a successful diet. :happy:
I'm feeling pretty rough today.. normally I feel like this when I'm hungry and strangely eating makes me feel better! :yawn: :frown:
Tomorrow I can eat though.. not a big meal but a small, low cal meal! :bigsmile:
I've never been good at exercising, I might stick at it for a week or 2 and then for some reason I would just stop.
Hoping to start going for daily bike rides (My bike is currently being repaired!)...
Any tips on how to stick to a diet? Low Cal snacks that will fill you up? How to loose weight and have it stay off?!
Promised myself not to have a take-away for a month or more at the very least lol. (got to treat myself!) :noway:
The reason I have started to take loosing weight seriously.. as in the UK we have had a month of beautiful weather!
That's very rare here in the UK so all the shorts I tried on and tops no longer fits me as I'm too big.. I started crying so bad! :cry:
Next year I want to be able to wear them shorts in the summer weather or even better... not fit because I'm too small for them!
Look forward to reading more posts on how people are doing (probably a bit better than me!) :laugh:
Thanks for reading! :flowerforyou:
~~~ Nancy. x

Replies

• RosiePosie143
    RosiePosie143 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy.

Looks like we have some similiar struggles. Exercise has been a huge issue for me to stick with. I get started and then life takes over and the next thing I know I can't recall the last time I really was active. Been a size 16-18 for most of my adult life. I'm out in Calfornia where I'm lucky to have incredible weather most of the year, but I'm ashamed to say I can't remember the last time I ever worse a pair of shorts! Let alone a Bikini. Never in my adult life. I've missed out on several good times because of my weight and I feel about my body. I need to lose over 60 lbs, I don't want to get too thin or have an unreasonable goal, I just want to be rid of my constant back pain and body aches due to the excess weight..

I want to know I'll see my kids grow up and I REALLY want to put on a pair of shorts and enjoy the summers here! Wear a bathing suit for once in the pool rather than a big top and capri's.. it's very simple pleasures but It's been an uphill battle to get to that point. So keep me posted and I'd like to be a friend to help motivate each other to break this exercise rut and move forward with our lives..GET INTO those shorts by this time next yr! :flowerforyou:
  • pauluk1978
    pauluk1978 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm on here daily abd always looking to add friends for mutual support abd encouragement, please feel free to add me
  • natnatc1985
    Options
    Hi nancy,
    im from the uk too and we have had some gorgeous weather and that was one of the things that made me think enough is enough. It seems such a waste that we get this lovely sunshine and I dont feel comfortable wearing summer clothing. Well my goal is to be able to wear whatever I want this time next year. Feel free to add me

natalie x