Premium?

Hi all I’ve been on & off MFP over the years and back again, wondering who uses Premium and whether you think it’s worth it, is the extras worth it? What are the best benefits of the extras?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,052 Member
    I'm boycotting it on principle until they clean up the cluttered, glitchy database, plus none of the premium features are worth the price for me.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    If you go through the settings, you can see which are unavailable unless premium.

I've used the following:
    •no adding exercise calories (I've tracked long enough to have a reasonably consistent estimate of my average exercise calories, and just use TDEE instead of net + exercise.)
    - alternatively, when I was adding exercise calories, I set them to add 100% to carbs (I have a minimum grams goal for both protein and fat that I like to meet regardless of total calories)(I believe this was a premium feature).
    • quick adding by macro grams instead of just calories (useful for stuff not in database that you don't eat often enough to bother entering).
    • custom app dashboard (set to show remaining protein, fat, fiber, and calories instead of the default).
    • not sure if it is premium or not, but macro goals by grams instead of %.