What r we eating for breakfast

Options
I missed breakfast, I guess that’s not a good start......

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can eat breakfast any time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    And for someone like me.................................there is no traditional morning breakfast. I skip altogether and consume the majority of my calories at dinner.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    usually i make a smaller version of whatever my lunch is. Or tofu scramble, toast with various toppings, wraps etc
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    2 pieces of ryebread with biled egg/ nutella/cheese/sliced meats or whatever else is handy
  • smcurtis1981
    smcurtis1981 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I eat the same everyday - a boiled egg and a piece of dark rye toast with 20 g peanut butter. Keeps me going for ages
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal often and lately that means most every morning. But my oatmeal has evolved from rolled oats to steel cut oats to a 50/50 mixture of steel cut oats and buckwheat groats. I don't think my big corner grocery store sells buckwheat groats. They are really toasted seeds and look like this:
    z2pidxh33w35.jpg
    Sometimes they are called Kasha which can also refer to a porridge. I buy them at a reasonable price from a nearby ethnic Mediterranean Grocery store that specializes in Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Eastern European, and Halal (Muslim) products.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is usually my most caloric meal of the day - that seems to work out best for my blood sugar. I usually have cottage cheese with salsa, and steel cut oats made with milk, apples, cranberries, vanilla, and cinnamon, with a tbsp of almond butter added. 500 calories more or less and refuels my engines without spiking my sugar levels.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    porridge with sunflower & pumpkin seeds and chocolate drops. yum!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast around 1-2pm.

Having a cereal bar and a banana today
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Rheddmobile
    Are you using dried cranberries. I used some of those in my oatmeal the other day. Looked at calories after the fact wow lots of calories in a little bit. Going to stick to my frozen blueberries.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Rheddmobile
    Are you using dried cranberries. I used some of those in my oatmeal the other day. Looked at calories after the fact wow lots of calories in a little bit. Going to stick to my frozen blueberries.

Dried fruit may be higher in calories but they are also high in nutrients. Nothing wrong with them.

@rheddmobile Tagging you so you see it.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Generally I just have a big mug of tea.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I generally don't do breakfast, but I did have a Thomas high fiber English muffin with a slice of cheese on it today. And plenty of black coffee.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day...yesterday I had two fried eggs on toast with an avocado and some ham. Today I had two boiled eggs, a fruit mix, and some ham and cheese. Sometimes I skip it altogether...sometimes I have a Cliff Bar or something if I'm on the go. Sometimes just some coffee and creamer.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Today I had a protein shake and a coffee afterwards a little later in the day.
  • ckdprevent
    ckdprevent Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I usually eat in the car on the way to work. I usually grab a poptart, not very healthy, but it is quick and I'm allowed a little bit of extra sugar, since I am low protein. Weekends I eat cereal or make pancakes or waffles.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Low sugar brown sugar oatmeal or dairy free yogurt alternative with granola.
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Egg on English muffin with margarine and franks hot sauce. Weekday special lol, I eat it in the car on my commute.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is whenever you first eat after waking, regardless of the time.

Today I'm having zucchini protein pancakes with a iced coffee/protein shake. At about 1pm

Other days it's eggs and vegies. Or a sandwich. Or satay chicken and vegies. Or yoghurt with protein powder and nuts/berries. Or whatever I feel like eating!