Help...need advise...

Options
I am nearly 50 years old and have struggled, sometimes not cared about my weight....
In the last approximately 6 months in have put everything I have into lossing weight....to date I have lost 25 kilograms and can not remember being this weight ever...so I have gone from obese, overweight to normal according to the bmi index...
My stats:
Weight was 91kg ....now 66kg...wanting 61kg
Waist 85cm....is it possible to achieve the 80cm advised for female???
Height...173cm
I can not see the weight I have lost when I look in mirror....my skin is hard to describe (saggy, wrinkles, looks like I have swiss cheese under skin is this fat).. I know I have gone down in clothes sizes....as all the clothes swim on me... but is it better to be fat to fill out this friggen saggy skin??.
I definately can not afford gym or skin removal. I am exercising by walking lots of kilometers and doing home exercises ...also getting sick of what I am putting in my mouth....so what kind of advice can anyone give me maybe I am just to old???.
Kind regards

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You are a good weight for your height currently. The loose skin is probably down to speedy weight loss but you'll be glad to know it will tighten some in time - resistance training would help with that.

Be proud of your accomplishment. :smile:

80 cms is 30" - absolutely achievable I would think as you lose a few more pounds. (I am only 5ft 2 but my waist is now 26".) Genetics account for waist size somewhat too.

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost 100lbs. I’m 67. I have plenty of loose skin. But my knees don’t hurt anymore. Me feet hurt less. My Dr says I have the BP of a 20 yr old.

Something that helped me- clothes that fit right. In fact, before retiring, I became the best dressed guy in my office.

Your brain is currently trying to wreck you. Perfect is the enemy of the good. Do you really think you looked better with the extra weight? You will never be perfect. Age has nothing to do with it.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I’m 57 and lost 30 pounds this year. Some saggy skin on arms and stomach. I’ve purchased some well-fitting clothes so I feel better about my success. It’s easy to camouflage these changes. I really prefer some loose skin to obesity. I have more stamina to get through the day. Frankly, I don’t walk around in a bikini so I don’t obsess about it. Congrats on your accomplishment!!