Anyone doing Keto?

Options
Is there anyone doing Keto that has 100 plus pounds to lose? I started Keto back in October and have lost 15 pounds! This year my goal is to lose 100 pounds! But I'm going to need some help and support as I'm the only one in my household that is doing Keto. Y'all feel free to add me! I can help y'all as well!

Replies

• Gregory_Horton
    Gregory_Horton Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm not currently doing a keto diet, but have done it in the past. Do you have a way to measure your ketones? I would suggest getting a ketone meter if not.
  • tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Keto-ish diet, or a poor man's version of it. Basically, Mon thru Fri I stay close to a keto diet as much as I can afford, then indulge (a little) on the weekends. I also include intermittent fasting--and it works, too. I need to lose total of 80 to 90 lbs... I lost 58 so far!
  • brookiebrooke87
    brookiebrooke87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What kinds of things do you eat?
  • runnergirl33333
    runnergirl33333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look up Keto recipes on PINTEREST!! I just started a keto diet on December 30th, and I've lost 5.5 pounds. So many recipes on there, so you can never get bored with the food! I also agree with the keto strips. Helps to stay motivated when the strip shows that you're burning fat! GOOD LUCK!
  • brookiebrooke87
    brookiebrooke87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do have the keto strips and I am in ketosis. I think I just need to take my next day off and look up some recipes and go grocery shopping.
  • the_HD_Honey
    the_HD_Honey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3. Only looking to lose about 50#, but hoping for some hormonal benefits & relief from acid reflux as well!
    Feel free to add me if you wish!
  • Gregory_Horton
    Gregory_Horton Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do have the keto strips and I am in ketosis. I think I just need to take my next day off and look up some recipes and go grocery shopping.

I do not recommend the strips to measure ketones. Once the body goes into ketosis, it's burning those ketones that you're trying to measure. This happens before they are discharged through urination. If you go into deep ketosis, you'll often find the strips reading that you are not in ketosis. A blood test is the best way to measure.
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My goal is 94# from my starting weight, so pretty close! I'm at 50 down now, from August and most days really love this way of eating.

I'd love more keto pals. Add me!
  • ggirgis44
    ggirgis44 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Low carb paleo with macros near keto -- they averave 65f, 25p, 15c. I've lost 140 pounds. Feel free to add!
  • GoElenaGo
    GoElenaGo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Was keto from May to end of August when Harvey hit. I'm restarting today. Feel free to add me.