Lord Please change my taste buds.

gibiy15
gibiy15 Posts: 3
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I am looking forward to the day I began to like what I am eating now and not missing what I am not.

Replies

• gibiy15
    gibiy15 Posts: 3
    I am looking forward to the day I began to like what I am eating now and not missing what I am not.
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    :smile:

What are you eating now and what do you miss?
    Maybe we can suggest something
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    if your's change, tell me what you did. Cuz I'll do it too. :tongue:

Really though gib, there are ways to eat things you like, maybe not all of them,
    but if you look hard enough, you can find a healthy version of almost everything
    out there. Worst case scenario is you just eat a lot less of the really bad
    stuff, that's the beauty of this site, we don't try to get you to restrict your diet,
    if you eat everything you're supposed to (nutrition wise) and have some left
    over calories, it's ok to indulge a little.
  • kitty1256
    kitty1256 Posts: 45
    or...why not try snack-sized versions of what you enjoy eating? instead of eating a whole candy bar, buy a bag of the mini bars and only allow yourself to eat one or two per day (you could try this Shockolate Vault Jar - http://www.gobaz.com/prodpage.asp?ProdID=5517 - it will only let you get into the candy jar after the timer goes off!), or get snack-sized bags of chips or something. that way, you are still getting to enjoy the foods that you eat, you just won't be eating as much.

also, i don't know if you have watched Paul Mackenna on TLC or not, but one of his tips is that you should eat consciously, which means that you set your fork down between every bite and really enjoy the food that you are eating. if you eat slowly and consciously, you will soon find that you are fuller faster and that you are more satisfied with the foods that you are eating. =)
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    I went to the Y today and had a nice long workout, both treadmill and weights.....soooo, I burned off over 600 calories. Drove straight to Taco Bell to reward myself and ate up all those calories with no GUILT and no REGRETS! I am stronger and my tummy is full of some of my usually guilty pleasures! Have you read Banks' posts entitled "newbies READ ME"? Keep on reading and sharing here, and you will be totally inspired!
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Oh, and the post entitiled "THE answers to THE question."
This discussion has been closed.