Exercises for knee pain

Options
Does anyone know any good exercises to strengthen the knees? I keep hurting mine and sometimes I don’t even know how I’ve done it. I need to strengthen them.

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Consult a PT. Depends on the cause.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    See an orthopedist.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Do see a PT. However, every time I post these that I got from my PT, a lot of people say they got the same ones:

zwx5lgllw1si.jpg

These are harder. In fact, I only did it all the way through once - now I do them in between upper body strength training exercises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLoMA7I7HOQ&list=PLUXvX9BaxgqG9yO5XWB3gA_QshvrrcjVr&index=1&t=16s
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the cause of your pain. Folks don't want you to hurt yourself even more if we give you advice that isn't suited to your injury. It's best to get it checked out instead.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Get an assessment. Usually what I find with a lot of clients is that they wear the wrong shoes or wear shoes that exacerbate knee issues (heels) or that they just have bad posture or execution of how they get up, sit down, lift things, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Go to an physical therapist or an orthopedist if you need a referral for PT.