How

Options
How can I lose weight with no gym time and zero time for myself.

Replies

• ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Exercise isn't a requirement for weight loss. My husband is currently doing no exercise, but counting calories and keeping them in a deficit. You may have to look at how you're spending your time to make adjustments to plan how you wish to eat and definitely to log how you're eating. But the tracking gets easier the more you do it.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Well you only need a calorie deficit to lose weight. Gym time is not necessary for losing weight, but can be fun if you do things you enjoy.

As far as time for yourself...that's up to you to MAKE time for yourself. How bad do you want to achieve your fitness goals?

Do you have time to stay up late and meal prep? Can you wake up early and go to the gym (again, not required for weight loss)?

IF you want it bad enough, you'll make it happen. Up to you though :smiley: good luck!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    While you can eat more and stay in a caloric deficit if you exercise, the deficit is what's important, and the deficit is created by eating less.

But if you want to work out, a gym is not necessary - you can work out at home. If you have time to eat, you have time to exercise. There are women here with brand new babies who still manage to find time to work out. Do a five minute long YouTube video - five minutes is better than nothing. Make it a priority.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Honestly most people don't have lots of time to exercise, they get creative and make it happen. But if that isn't a possibility for you, just choose a smaller weekly weight loss goal and eat those calories. And whenever you get a chance, take a 10 minute walk, go up and down a flight of stairs, pace while waiting for the water to boil. Sometimes once you start it opens up new possibilities. Good luck!
  • sbistricer
    sbistricer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I successfully lost weight by eating the calorie allowance to me per day. Not very much exercise as I have a very busy career. I recommend finding ways to plan caloric intake and monitor it regularly. Best of luck!!!
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You lose weight in the kitchen. Weight loss is all about eating at a calorie deficit, and has nothing to do with exercise.

You improve your fitness in the gym.

So, if you want to lose weight you simply need to eat at a deficit.
  • rckeeper22
    rckeeper22 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What everyone else is saying - you can't out-train a bad diet (for long) no matter who you are, and most weight loss is a result of diet moreso than exercise. I do recommend focusing on macros (amount of protein, carbs, and fats) more than calories; IIFYM is a good place to start. There are several IIFYM calculators online if you Google them; I tend to use several, then average the results, since they may ask slightly different questions or have slightly different results depending on slight variations in formula.
  • AmandaGonzalez2018
    AmandaGonzalez2018 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I do count my calories. Most ofvthe time im under. I dont count macros as well. I drink water no sugar drinks. And ive lost about 20 ish pounds the first month or so. But my weight has not moved down in the past week. Ive actually gained about 5 pounds. I dont understand why.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    5 pounds can easily be a fluctuation. 20lbs in one month is A LOT though. Are you weighing what you eat?
  • AmandaGonzalez2018
    AmandaGonzalez2018 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    5 pounds can easily be a fluctuation. 20lbs in one month is A LOT though. Are you weighing what you eat?

Yes i weigh what i eat. And i meant to say i do count macros. And while 20 pounds is alot i started at 210 andcim only 4 foot 11 so being over weight on me is not cute. :(
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I do count my calories. Most ofvthe time im under. I dont count macros as well. I drink water no sugar drinks. And ive lost about 20 ish pounds the first month or so. But my weight has not moved down in the past week. Ive actually gained about 5 pounds. I dont understand why.

Close to TOM?