Starting over with 60Lb+ to lose - anyone else?

Options
Here I am again - hoping to finally get to grips with this weight loss for life having lost over 60Lb and gaining them back over 6 years I am back to my starting weight again and need to get back to my goal. I am starting again with no alcohol for January and then only drinking at weekends and trying to eat three healthy meals a day - so lets see how we get on - fingers crossed

Replies

• etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have 65 pounds left to lose! I started my journey at my highest weight ever of 198.6lbs and I'm currently 189.6lbs after 6 weeks. I started gaining a bunch of weight when I started on my anti-psychotic and anticonvulsant medications which made my appetite insatiable. I did not notice how much more I was eating and I ballooned up from 125 lbs to my 198.6lbs. I really get down on myself for not having caught it earlier but thankfully ive started to tackle it now.

Was there any reason you let yourself get back to what you weighed before? If you don't mind me asking :)
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Yes still got over 70 to go

and already lost 63 at last weigh in

:'(
  • nndarden
    nndarden Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm starting over - right after I get off this cruise. Right now, I've got at least 65 pounds to go to target.

Best of luck on your start over.
  • caroline_mason42
    caroline_mason42 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much - so my story is as a working mum my job changed so I was traveling a lot and entertaining as well, when i got home I was so tired I started to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine a night and had not shopped so convenience food crept in and over 6 years the weight just crept on - lost some but not as much as I was gaining year on year and therefore about a pound a month increase soon adds up - hence the 65Lb to lose :-(

• caroline_mason42
    Options
    Thank you Rickster, last time I stopped drinking in the week (moderate drinking at the weekend), eating three meals a day (have gotten into the habit of skipping meals then snacking), eat back enough of my calories (I do exercise at least :smile: stick with it week on week - just need to do this starting now :blush:
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I started with 83, now with 60lbs to lose this year. I'm hoping to lose at least 50 by December so fingers crossed I get there with no major derailments.
    Like many here I gained over the course of several years, it crept up so slowly that before I knew it I was obese with a BMI of 34. But I've lost 23 so far, so can you. Just keep at it. Friend me if you want for support. We're all in this together.
  • goli777
    goli777 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me !! I lost weight 5 years back and life events, and a knee surgery set me back. I put the weight back on. Also I have hypothyroid. I'm back on it to lose it for good. I know I need to make it a lifestyle change and stick to it one day at a time.
    Feel free to add me
  • rdillonwine
    rdillonwine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi , I have 59 lbs left to get to my goal
  • DBNGUY786
    DBNGUY786 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yup, sadly still have 20 kg(45 pounds) to go after losing about 5 kg (11 pounds). Have to do it cos the alternative is just not good enough for me.
  • caroline_mason42
    Options
    So Day 2 and reporting in - feeling hungry today but I suppose it is because I have trained my body to expect excess during Christmas and also because I am obsessing about not having it :smile: I have a cheat day from dry January tomorrow for a big family pantomime party and it has been in the diary since last year so will drink but need to making good buffet choices :blush:
  • susanlloydhocking
    Options
    In the same place as you. 60 lbs to lose. Busy working Mom of three kids. Not being mindful. Feeling pretty discouraged. Here's to a successful 2018. Wishing you all good health.
  • rockyhi512
    rockyhi512 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    23 down 75 lbs to go. I figure its going to take me 15 months to lose it if I want to be realistic. I plan on dieting until end of May, maintain until mid October, then a final push to get to 165. I just can't lose weight in the summer. I am to busy to take time out to exercise and do proper meal prep. Summertime has always been my downfall, the weight keeps creeping back. I am hoping by tracking my intake that I will stop when I reach my daily goal. It is so easy to become distracted and derailed.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'm not starting over, but I have 65 lbs. left to reach my goal. I've lost 35 so far. I estimate I will lose about 40-50 in 2018, and the rest in 2019.
  • lay011
    lay011 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are not alone at all. I have been fluctuating between 170 and 200 lbs for the last 5-ish years but before that I was sitting around 120/130 and the weight slowly crept up to around 150/160 and then I drastically gained up to 200. Since I'm short that was just a couple lbs shy of morbidly obese (or just barely into morbidly obese depending how you count the weight/height). I was down to 170 again mid 2017 but ballooned back up to 180. I am starting again in a sense now that the holidays are over and hoping to get to around 150 this year (so that I will be overweight and no longer obese). Eventually I'd like to weigh 120/130 again. You are not alone. The weight just sneaks up on you especially when you are working a desk job and stressed and its easy to backslide.
  • rplais9058
    rplais9058 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Starting with 33lbs to lose as a step goal... more to come off after but right now that's what I'm working towards 10 lbs at a time.
  • caroline_mason42
    Options
    So starting my first full week - had a dry January cheat day on Saturday as it was a big family day out and party but back on it now and hoping for a good first weeks loss on Friday which will be my fist weight since starting back :smiley:
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have 109 to lose. I am recovering from BED, but I'm doing better and I will get it off.