Most embarrassing thing you ever did at the gym?

Options

Replies

• GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have fallen off the treadmill. My towel fell down and I thought I should move out of the way not to step on it. I took a ride off the end of it. And then people came over because they thought I got hurt. Only my pride got hurt.

I accidentally kicked my water bottle over at Yoga. It opened up and spilled water everywhere and I swore. Ooops.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    dwrightlaw wrote: »
    Squat fail, too heavy & landed on my *kitten* weights clanging on the floor, everybody stopped to look & smirk... :o

In fairness, this would be less of a likelihood if the fixed safety bars weren't so F*ing high that us shorties have to step out of the rack to squat. At some point, I'm pretty sure this is going to be me.
  • arson714
    arson714 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I was doing front barbell shrugs and the friction got me..welll....'excited'. So I spent the next 15 minutes doing the old tuckeroo and staring at the wall. Needless to say I no longer do front shrugs,
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Took a corner to fast and hit a bar
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I peed during deadlifts during competition...someone else had to clean the platform. I guess that's embarrassing, but I won "best female lifter," so I didn't care.

After watching woman after woman pee during deadlifts while watching the Raw Nationals a few months ago, this is no longer embarrassing, just a fact of life. So far, I haven't had a "gusher", just a little drip or two,
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Ive fallen on my butt doing all kinds of squats, mostly squat snatches. Im usually in the floor laughing. I use rubber bumper plates, so they bounce instead of making a bunch of noise. Things happen
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I peed during deadlifts during competition...someone else had to clean the platform. I guess that's embarrassing, but I won "best female lifter," so I didn't care.

You peed? :D

Stress urinary incontinence. Basically what happens when lifting very heavy weights, intra-abdominal pressure briefly collapses the pelvic floor. 
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Well I lift at home so my whole workout can be embarrassing. I even eat sometimes during my workouts.
  • Gregory_Horton
    Gregory_Horton Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »

Stress urinary incontinence. Basically what happens when lifting very heavy weights, intra-abdominal pressure briefly collapses the pelvic floor. 

I'm curious if this is pretty common with women. I've seen it a few times myself, but I'm not one to observe to the point it would embarrass someone. Can you ladies chime in on this? Common or not so much?
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options

I'm curious if this is pretty common with women. I've seen it a few times myself, but I'm not one to observe to the point it would embarrass someone. Can you ladies chime in on this? Common or not so much?

I don't lift that heavy so no. But it happens even with the best power lifters.
  • ggirgis44
    ggirgis44 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I used a weight machine backwards. I've forgotten which one, as it was about 8 years ago near the beginning of my fitness journey. Something to do with arms. I was completely oblivious until a man came up to me and informed me with a "really?" look on his face. He then proceeded to tell me not to continue in the weight area unless I knew what I was doing. :|
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Google "pelvic floor"
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I was on the treadmills and I started to not feel well. I went to get off and threw up all over the legs of the woman next to me. This was a few years ago and she still won’t run next to me.

Oh my God! That is funny. Sorry it happened to you but thanks for the laugh.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    I was on the treadmills and I started to not feel well. I went to get off and threw up all over the legs of the woman next to me. This was a few years ago and she still won’t run next to me.

dang... I would have been honored to have you barf on my leg.

*shrug
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I had lost a lot of weight but hadn't got better fitting clothes yet....when in my dance class everyone decided to wear those coin belly dancing sashes. I didn't want to be a party pooper and not wear one when it was passed to me so I just put it on. I could feel it falling while dancing but didn't want to keep messing with it so I ignored it falling down. What I didn't know was it was taking my oversized pants with it! Haha I ended up mooning the back row of my dance class!!!
  • lancenuovo
    lancenuovo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    went to the gym for heavy guys, which was a kiddy pool with cigarettes and CMT playing on a TV. tried to lift the coffee cans filled with cement.