Working out in small room

Options
I just started working out at home for the first time. I've converted our small 4th bedroom in to a home gym with a treadmill and free weights. I set up a oscillating fan but I still feel like I can't breath as well while running. Now, I've been sick with a productive cough since I started and I'm almost completely over it so I don't know if that's factoring in.

But is that a thing? Having a harder time breathing while being in a small room with the door closed or is it probably just in my head? I'm a runner and usually do at least a 5k around 26-28 minutes, but haven't been running much since I got sick early December and am trying to get back to it.

Replies

• woodstock31
    woodstock31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Door closed? Maybe crack a window to circulate some fresh air.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I workout in a small room. Leave the door open and a fan on. I can't open the window, because it has a window unit. If temps get too warm, I turn on the unit.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    It’s been so cold out that I didn’t even consider opening the window, lol. I did this morning though and ran two miles and felt great!! And the cool breeze from the window was perfect.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    It’s been so cold out that I didn’t even consider opening the window, lol. I did this morning though and ran two miles and felt great!! And the cool breeze from the window was perfect.

Yeah - it's a big improvement, year round IMO. If you don't have central air, and it's not brutally cold, having your window cracked open a bit can be a lot more pleasant.