Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

hormone imbalances and weight loss

Options
System
System Posts: 1,900 MFP Staff
This discussion was created from replies split from: Started jogging --- and no weight loss.

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    dinadyna21 wrote: »

I'm not sure why you're getting so hostile, I also find it hilarious you seem to think I believe you're ignorant when I never said anything of the sort. I'm glad you've studied Kinesiology, it's good to educate yourself. Regardless I've studied Biology and Physics which govern all living beings. So kindly explain to me, and make sure to cite your sources, why you believe that a medical condition can cause anyone to break the laws of thermodynamics which kcal in and kcal out is based on.

It all comes down to hormones and the endocrine system. When bodies don't metabolize correctly, as well as when other chemicals are present, it changes the body's chemistry. Honestly, there is way too much to get into and I am at work... quite irritated with your posts. Do some research and you will find what I am talking about, guaranteed. Otherwise, I am done here. Not into stupid internet debates. I have more important things on my plate.

You are right. And the bolded part of your post is all part of the CO side of the CI=CO equation. Just because someone has more variables on that side of the equation does not make the CICO equation any less correct.

Well said, and probably better than how I would have put it.

Health issues don't change the game you're playing or the rules of the game, they simply change the hand you are dealt.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

I'm not sure why you're getting so hostile, I also find it hilarious you seem to think I believe you're ignorant when I never said anything of the sort. I'm glad you've studied Kinesiology, it's good to educate yourself. Regardless I've studied Biology and Physics which govern all living beings. So kindly explain to me, and make sure to cite your sources, why you believe that a medical condition can cause anyone to break the laws of thermodynamics which kcal in and kcal out is based on.

It all comes down to hormones and the endocrine system. When bodies don't metabolize correctly, as well as when other chemicals are present, it changes the body's chemistry. Honestly, there is way too much to get into and I am at work... quite irritated with your posts. Do some research and you will find what I am talking about, guaranteed. Otherwise, I am done here. Not into stupid internet debates. I have more important things on my plate.

Bodies not metabolizing correctly results in disease and death.

Weight loss/gain means that the metabolic pathways are working.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to discount your experience but 9lbs of water weight is understandable with your condition. 100 lbs of water weight? I find that a lot harder to believe. With that much water weight she'd be in the hospital with edema, that much fluid retention is life threatening.

I was at a caloric deficit, with an intake of 1200-1400 kcals per day. Everything was logged. Exercise was daily. Again, you are talking to someone who was in the competitive weight lifting field and who majored in kinesiology. This was a whole new world for me, as it has been for other people. When you are not medicated, it's a whole different ballgame. I'd love to see your degree with all of your knowledge on the topic. Not everything is kcal in and kcal out.

Another disorder that drastically impacts this is PCOS. There are several that will do that.

So again, educate yourself instead of spewing out random *kitten*. Pardon my French.

Are you the person who gained 100 pounds in 4.5 months as stated in another post?
    Because that is mathematically impossible at an intake of 1200-1400 kcals per day, no matter what you claim.

There's roughly 3500 kcal of available energy in 1 pound of fat. Times 100 makes 350000, divided by 4.5 months is 77778, divided by 30 days per month is an EXCESS of ~2600.
    Unless you're trying to claim your body produces energy out of thin air instead of using it to work, your claim does not compute.
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to discount your experience but 9lbs of water weight is understandable with your condition. 100 lbs of water weight? I find that a lot harder to believe. With that much water weight she'd be in the hospital with edema, that much fluid retention is life threatening.

I was at a caloric deficit, with an intake of 1200-1400 kcals per day. Everything was logged. Exercise was daily. Again, you are talking to someone who was in the competitive weight lifting field and who majored in kinesiology. This was a whole new world for me, as it has been for other people. When you are not medicated, it's a whole different ballgame. I'd love to see your degree with all of your knowledge on the topic. Not everything is kcal in and kcal out.

Another disorder that drastically impacts this is PCOS. There are several that will do that.

So again, educate yourself instead of spewing out random *kitten*. Pardon my French.

Are you the person who gained 100 pounds in 4.5 months as stated in another post?
    Because that is mathematically impossible at an intake of 1200-1400 kcals per day, no matter what you claim.

There's roughly 3500 kcal of available energy in 1 pound of fat. Times 100 makes 350000, divided by 4.5 months is 77778, divided by 30 days per month is an EXCESS of ~2600.
    Unless you're trying to claim your body produces energy out of thin air instead of using it to work, your claim does not compute.

Apparently she gained because she wasn't Keto enough, or had enough regulated hormones or something. /sarcasm
  • sallieseb1
    sallieseb1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’m sitting here reading this thread like