Best Weight Loss Diet rankings

Options
2»

Replies

• whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I dont understand why the Fuzzy peach and Diet Dr Pepper diet is not in the list.

I think it should be #1.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    They completely ruined the WW diet a couple years ago. Unless they completely revamped it again, I think WW is just resting on its laurels. I wouldn't recommend the new program to anyone. I think it is dangerous.

You said they ruined it... you mean when it went from PPV to Smart Points (SP) in 2016?

You said “unless they revamped it., you mean the NEW Freestyle Program rolled out in Dec 2017?

You said you wouldn’t recommend New Program because you think it’s “dangerous”?

I was 376# age 65 and was going to have WLS but opted to join WW for the Hundredth time in January 2013 because I knew it always worked for me BUT I never stayed on after I lost the weight.

This time I have stayed on the WW programs, WW Inc constantly revises their Program based on research and Marketing.

SW 376 (2013 age 65)
    CW 187 (age 70)
    GW 176

WW works for me but that doesn’t mean it is THE BEST, it just means I found a Program that helped me to change my Lifestyle, Eat Healthy and exercise.

• Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp, I thought both the food exchanges and the Points (and Core by all its names) system from the original incarnation up until 2016 was great. It was a workable, flexible, sustainable, healthy plan. They'd tweak the plan every year just a bit for their marketing.

The changes in 2016 were enormous, completely revamping the entire concept behind WW. It is now entirely inflexible. It only works with a low fat, high sugar (i.e. zero pt fruit) 1980's style diet. With a more balanced diet that includes a moderate amount of healthy fats, I was reaching my Points limit at less than 800 calories a day, but hadn't really realized it until I passed out. I call that dangerous and unhealthy. I also call it inflexible and unsustainable. I could survive that kind of starvation diet in the 1980's when I was young and healthy. In middle age, my body can't take it.

Unless Freestyle is a complete turnaround from SmartPoints, and from everything I've read, it's not, it remains a program I will continue to recommend against and call dangerous.

I am a WW Lifetime member. I have joined, like you, "hundreds" of times. I have also cumulatively lost hundreds of pounds on WW. But no longer.

I still think the support and accountability of meetings are valuable as long as you follow an old WW plan or use your own eating plan.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Slim fast? Really?!

What is the problem with the Slim Fast diet?

Is that how someone would want to eat for the long-term? The biggest problems with Slim Fast are:

1 - compliance in the short term
    2 - control of calories when the "diet" is complete - especially if the caloric effect of the Slim Fast diet is a crash diet because of too large of a deficit.
    3 - no real change in the eating habits that got you to where you felt you needed it in the first place.

That said, there are people who have lost weight using it, but it's among the worst in terms of keeping weight off.

Can you cite a reliable source for it being "among the worst in terms of keeping weight off"?