Mio yay or nay?

Options
2»

Replies

• maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Like someone else posted, I liked it until I found that the #1 ingredient is the same #1 ingredient in anti freeze. Plain water and green tea for me please.

The first ingredient in Mio is "water." That is in antifreeze too. Or are you talking about Ethylene Glycol? Mio does NOT contain Ethylene Glycol. Ethylene Glycol is very toxic and not approved for use in food.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene_glycol

It does contain Propylene Glycol, which is a different chemical. Propylene Glycol is in tons of products, and is approved by the FDA for human use.

http://www.propylene-glycol.com/index.php/what-is-propylene-glycol/safety

I like Mio. Water is boring. I can drink way more water with flavor in it than I can drink plain water. Our bodies can use the water just fine, despite the additives. We also get a lot of the water we need from food, which is one reason to eat more fruits and vegetables.
  • kempt_ken
    kempt_ken Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Great stuff love MIO......( was skeptical from the commercial but damn I like it)

I don't like the taste of water and can't stand the taste of aspartame but Sucralose if Ok....

I was really pissed when coke decided not to use Sucralose in coke zero they went with aspartame and as a result it tastes awful.

two thumbs up for left handed sugar
  • mama2redhead
    mama2redhead Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have cut Splenda and nutria sweet out of my diet after some of my own research, I now use a stevia based flavoring called stur on occasion. To each their own though. I feel like my headaches have improved without the artificial sweeteners, but if you have no issues, do your own research and decide what is right for you.
  • mama2redhead
    mama2redhead Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose sleep, google Splenda and pesticide...or Splenda and poison.... I am sure it is biased stuff, but it scared me.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I don't like Mio but I do like crystal light in lemon-lime.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I used to enjoy tea until I found out it was all chemicals.
    Now it's just plain distilled water from my dehumidifier for me.