Protein bars

I've tried so many but all too dense anyone recommend bars as nice as Grenade without the price tag thanks!

Replies

• agerke752
    agerke752 Posts: 3 Member
    I like Oatmega bars.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Just looked at the grenade sites. Love the UK flavour options.

If you are in North America you may like the Smart for Life bars. They are like a chocolate covered rice crispy square, quite light and crunchy.

Available on line and from Costco in Canada.
  • shortie555
    shortie555 Posts: 37 Member
    I like think thin, Landau protein bars (they are a kosher brand), and I just tried Perfect Bar - higher calorie, but really good!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    How about a bar based on a puffed cereal. In Canada there are these Simply bars. I like the lemon.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Why do you want them? A protein shake is 1/3 the cost and usually half the calories. I buy the Kirkland bars at Costco for when I get stuck on track and away from civilization for the day. Cheap, moderate calories, and decent protein amount despite it mostly being soy.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    I like the Pure Protein brand. They kind of taste like a treat. 180-200 calories usually, 19-21g protein. I buy the value pack either from SAM's club for like $16 for 18 bars or recently I ordered on Amazon for $11 for 18 bars. I use them as part of my lunch because I'm really a snack person while I'm at work so these work for me.
  • jasondwightpowell
    jasondwightpowell Posts: 40 Member
    Not a protein bar but this is my go to:
    Lenny & Larry's - The Complete Cookie
    Calories - 400
    Fat - 14g
    Sodium - 360mg
    Carbs - 62g
    Sugars - 24g
    Protein - 16g
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    Guess it depends what country you're in really, I really like PHD bars and Pulsin, I buy them in bulk online the PHD ones work out around £1.60 each and the Pulsin ones around £1.30 each.
  • rckeeper22
    rckeeper22 Posts: 103 Member
    Quest Bars are awesome, and one of the most highly rated in terms of nutritional balance when you look at what goes in to them; though I'm not sure if they're available outside the US.