Strangest Food Combo

Options
Bless my hubby, he doesn't understand. This morning he bought me white bread and a pack of bacon as a treat. Bye Bye 500 calories. And I'd be hungry again in an hour.

So with both items steadfastly ignored, I've been trying to dream up breakfast that will fill me for ages, on minimal calories, and the best I've come up with yet is brussel sprout egg white omelette. Very odd. I think my brain is broken.

So whats the strangest thing you've eaten for the sake of calories / macros - or perhaps just personal taste?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My workday breakfast for the last few weeks was poached eggs on spicy sauerkraut. I just love the combo, and it's very low cal.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    It may not be that strange, but I will forever love a Morningstar Farms garden veggie burger topped with a slice of cheese and an over easy egg. It's totally satisfying for 250 calories (give or take depending on the cheese) with a nice protein count and a little fiber. Mmmm... now that I'm typing about it I realized I haven't had that in ages.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    What's odd about brussel sprouts and eggs? Other than not adding sausage that is. ;)

My husband thinks it's weird that I like to add canned beans to macaroni and cheese, but it doesn't seem weird to me.

I love burgers with an egg on top. I put a fried egg on top of so many things!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    A well poached egg over brussels cooked up with onions and mushrooms is amazing.