Healthy meal ideas

When I go food shopping tomorrow I need to get some healthy food to make meals with from scratch but have no idea what plus I'm a really fussy eater and don't like to try new foods, I do love chicken though. Does anybody have any ideas?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Individual foods aren't healthy (or unhealthy), your diet as a whole can be more or less healthy for you. A healthy diet is generally a varied and balanced diet. Can you cook? What do you like? Make that.

If you don't want to try new foods, don't try new foods. If you want to eat more varied, you have to try new foods. When you challenge yourself to try new things, you get used to more different things. It's as simple as that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    When I go food shopping tomorrow I need to get some healthy food to make meals with from scratch but have no idea what plus I'm a really fussy eater and don't like to try new foods, I do love chicken though. Does anybody have any ideas?

you might want to try finding some pals with the same calorie goal as you and open diaries, and see what they eat?

that being said, if you don't want to try new things then just eat what you eat now, in portion sizes that create a calorie deficit.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2018
    check out the recipe board:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/recipes

try browsing around and see what recipes you would be willing to try.

It is going to be pretty hard for anyone to make recommendations without more information on what you are not willing to try.

that being said, if you don't want to try new things then just eat what you eat now, in portion sizes that create a calorie deficit.

and I completely agree with this^^^^

besides scaling back on some of the desserts and stuff I used to get into very little has changed about what I eat, I just lean more heavily on the veggies to bulk up my intake and keep me satisfied, and make sure I pay attention to how much I am eating by logging.