Anyone else trying to be in shape before they hit 50....? Anyone...? Bueller...? Bueller...?

Options

Replies

• dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I just turned 48 (Jan. 7) and I am on my downward spiral on the scale.

Heading into my 40s I was over 300 lbs. Last week I was 252. I want to get under 200 lbs.!

I want it more to get weight off my knee joints. I am too young to walk like I am 100!

I startes doing CrossFit and I love it!!!!!!!!! First time in my life that I really enjoy working out (except for swimming/water aerobics).
  • DisneyVeganLove
    DisneyVeganLove Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm 46 and the thought of turning 50 puts me in a deep funk and depression. I think if I turned 50 being in the best shape of my life, that would lessen the pain.
  • LinBlueBerry
    LinBlueBerry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I turned 49 on January 3rd. And just joined cross fit too. I have always been active -but over the last year or so let life get in the way-I want to feel like an athlete again and my goal is to roar into my 50’s! Good Luck to you!
  • Kathleenio
    Kathleenio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 30 lbs by spring break. Beginning of April. Husband and I are taking our 2 boys to SC or FL
  • CantonRC
    CantonRC Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I turn 50 in April by the BMI chart I'm obese. I need to drop out of that category. I've spent all of my 40's rehabbing surgeries fixing the damage I did in my 20's and 30's. I'm rehabbing a shoulder now it still has a few months to go. I think going into my 50's I'm going to reasess my training and my risk versus reward.
  • wendhall
    wendhall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, I will be 50 in Oct and need to get under 200 lbs once and for all. My body hurts a lot arthritis, degenerative joint disease, heredity. I can do the elliptical and bike though and a few cybex machines without making the pain worse. Want to get my weight down and hopefully feel better.
  • emilykate6eu
    emilykate6eu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh yes.. 20lbs by August, body balancing and intermittent Juicing... lost 12lbs in last 3 months even with christmas, birthday trips to New York and Aus!! Got to be possible surely. aiming for 3lb a week so I can start to enjoy the parties..... Good luck for your plans!
  • portogravis
    portogravis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    50 is approaching rapidly for me. Also in the same boat and recently decided to dig in and just get it done - no more excuses. Tried a few times before, made progress, but life changes caught me off guard and I abandoned good habits.
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You look like someone who'd respond well to strength training. Regardless of obese or not I think if you started strength training it would raise your testosterone- who could argue with that? This would set the stage for some gradual weight loss as you get more into it. Strength training is pretty easy to get into. I'm a fan of Starting Strength. Good luck.
  • blessedbygrace2016
    Options
    I will be 50 in May and my goal is to loose 50 lbs the 50/50 challenge for me to be a better version of myself
  • whoistao
    whoistao Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'll be 50 in March, but going on holiday for 3 weeks on 17 February so I aim to lose 20 pounds by then. I'm eating well and swimming or walking every day. So far, the weight is dropping off but I'm hoping it doesn't slow too much. Long term I hope to lose another 30, so 50 in total, but I'll be doing it more slowly. My knees, hips and shoulders ache a lot and I'm hoping from some relief as my weight decreases and my activity increases. I want my fitness to increase quite a bit in 6 weeks so I can be more active on holiday (lots of temple tours and walking), plus the weightloss will help me cope with the heat and humidity. Turning 50 has given me a finite date to look and feel better which is really helping my motivation.
  • dancingqueen2013
    dancingqueen2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 mid April, my aim is to loose 30 lbs by then, I find it very difficult to loose weight no matter how dedicated I am so fingers crossed. Good luck to all, lets be fab and 50 +
  • Lpaul50
    Lpaul50 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Iam 52 years old and soon 53. Iam doing aqua-fitness and walking and jogging in between aqua-fitness.I lost 35 pounds already.I want to try intermitting fasting. I want to get below 200. Iam 224.
  • Vincerayner
    Vincerayner Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 (49 this year) and need to lose plenty. Starting to get aches and pains in my knees etc.
  • rvlife6859
    rvlife6859 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hear ya sista! I am turning 50 in April, had a few setbacks due to surgery, so trying to regain my strength, drop a few pounds and continue to age gracefully. If you are looking for support and friends, send me a request :)
  • smchic2012
    smchic2012 Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Just turned 47, have a 30th high school reunion at the end of the this year and I need to something about this weight. Not because I want to be 117 lbs again because that will NEVER HAPPEN. But because when I go to find something to wear to the reunion I won't be a 3X and so out of shape. I'd be happy with 50 lbs - that could be a possibility. Looking for more friends to help me. Please send me friend requests if you'd like to help motivate me.
    Thanks
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I turn 48 on Sunday. Trying to make it to my 30th high school reunion in August looking bad *kitten*. But also want to be happy in my own skin.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 March 3rd. I really need to get busy! lol