But where do I FIT IN?

Options
dblair27
dblair27 Posts: 64 Member
edited January 2018 in Motivation and Support
Alright, so I've been scrolling through the message boards trying to find like-minded people who are also looking for friends, but I don't meet anyone's criteria????? I don't have 50+ pounds to lose, I'm not in my late 20's, early 30's, mid 40's, or 50's. I'm 5'3'', not 5'5''-5'6'' or "tall".

Anyone want to be friends with someone who's 5'3'', 22 years with 20lbs down and 25lbs to lose? Can we start a social group for misfits?

Replies

• Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I can’t speak for everyone, but I don’t feel the need to have my “perfect match” as a supportive friend or motivator. :smile:
    If it helps, I’m 5’3 and want to lose 15-20. :)
  • fittoride36
    fittoride36 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Looking for my group too ...can I join the misfit group?
  • AjasMum
    AjasMum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and would like to lose 40 pounds, but I don't think the amount matters! I'd be happy to join a group that just wants to motivate others to reaching their health/weight goals.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You might look for people based on a type of exercise (runners, yoga enthusiasts, hikers), lifestyle (students, working moms, gamers) or location (Minesota, Australia) or type of diet (low carb, vegetarian, eat everything). You probably fit some group well enough.
    What you want out of your friends might be better to post than anything. Are you looking for lots of interaction or inspiration?

I'm a terrible friend for people who want conversation or attention. I don't look at my friend's activity or posts. I don't log exercise but do log food every day. My diary is public so even non-friends can see it. I post on the message boards frequently. I don't see much benefit to being my friend.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Ha! I'm always amused by the I need friends with a zillion qualifications posts. It's even funnier when they post back wondering why nobody replied. I think Lounmoun nailed it. Seek out those with one thing in common and you will make many connections.
  • Greybeard51
    Greybeard51 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a "misfit" 66 years old and embarking on the fitness journey. Age is a number that only matters to those who choose to make age important. BTW, my initial goal was to lose 20# met that and set a new goal of losing 10 more. Good luck on your journey