Help me with a diet plan!

Hi, I'm trying to come up with a personalized diet plan and need help - if you have anything to offer, please please please let me know.

About me: late teens, 5'4", 120ish pounds (after the holiday season), small upper body but think legs, Asian-American, mostly sedentary lifestyle (I am a full-time student), currently eating a 1200cal daily diet.

It's really impractical for me to do a keto diet because I still live at home and don't have access to that personalized/unique of a diet. Does anyone have any recommendations? Based on my stats/body type, would it be better to go high-protein, low-carb?

Replies

• Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited January 2018
    Most of the responses you get, including this one, will tell you to do what you will comply with. If you think keto will help you control your calories (which is what it ultimately does if done right), then go for it. If another method of controlling your intake works better for your taste, use that.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Eat the foods you like to eat within the calorie allowance this website gives you when you fill out all your information.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Eat the foods you like to eat within the calorie allowance this website gives you when you fill out all your information.

This.

Also what is your goal? Lose? Maintain? Gain?
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Part of the process on MFP is not having others tell you what to eat... It is figuring out what works for you within a calorie budget. There are suggestions and ideas but its up to you. It also means making mistakes and learning.

If you have someone else cooking for you may need to coordinate with him or her. Sure you can take tiny portions of certain high calorie foods but that's not ideal.