Member since 2011 and still trying to lose that last 10 #

Options
Happy New Year!! Started logging in again! 44 and just can’t get that last 10# off then gain up to 15# since 2011. Easy to get that back off except the last 10! Lol Trying body pump 3 x a week at YMCA and 2-3 Miles cardio at lunch break. Has anyone else toned arms and legs with this program? Currently need to lose a total of 14# and TONE....suggestions welcomed!

Replies

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Can't help with the last 10# - that is all up to you and your logging/determination. As to toning, check out jessicasmithtv on youtube. She has lots of strength/toning videos from 6 minutes to a lot longer.
    I love to run, but the weather this winter has put the kibosh on that. Elliptical, snow shoeing, and indoor activities have become my go to. I lost over 70# here in less than a year and have kept it off for over two. I am a 59 yr old female. Best wishes on your journey.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You just have to commit to losing those final pounds. It will mean being extra vigilant about calorie intake as there's little room for error. Aim for 0.5lb loss a week... If you want it badly enough you will make the effort.

I've been at maintenance since 2013 but at that time it took me 6 months to lose my last 5lbs. I didn't care enough to put extra effort in hence why it took so long. Then I decided on a further 5lbs. That time I really put my mind to it, ate an average of 1700 calories gross a day and lost 5lb in a month! (I'm 5ft 2). Just goes to show what can be done when we try. :smile:

Tighten up your logging and you'll be well on your way.

All the best.