Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Near Fast for one day

I’m going to do a near fast today. Never done this before. Drink water. Eat two pieces of fruit and a bowl of raisin bran with a little milk. That’s it.

Replies

• GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Seabassx2 wrote: »
    I’m going to do a near fast today. Never done this before. Drink water. Eat two pieces of fruit and a bowl of raisin bran with a little milk. That’s it.

Is there a medical reason you’re doing this?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    So.... One meal a day? Or three meals a day? Or two meals a day? Or cut the fruit up and have lots of mini snacks?

... I clearly have no idea what a Near Fast is. Nearly fasting, but not quite?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Seabassx2 wrote: »
    What and how you eat is nobody else's business, so why are you telling us this? What do you intend to achieve?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Thanks for sharing?
    What are you going to do tomorrow or the rest of the week?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I'm not against these. I have them from time to time. But these are done for very specific reasons that are part of a very specific plan, at least in my case. I don't see the point otherwise. I use very low calorie days when I want to save up calories for a very high calorie day and not have to worry about being limited on a food event or some such, or because I feel like having a few higher calorie days. Doing it for the sake of doing it or to lose weight faster/detox/punish for a binge...etc is borderline disordered and is not beneficial to your weight loss in the long run. What is your purpose for doing this?

P.S: fruits are raisin bran is are not the best foods for such days. Higher protein foods would serve you better.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    You are going to be very hungry today then.

I am going to eat 3 meals with a couple of snacks and meet my calorie goal and not be very hungry today.

All joking aside why are you eating like this? Why did you post about it? Are you looking for advice or other peoples experiences?

If you are you will find most people will advise you to eat sensibly and just stick to your calorie goal. Why make losing weight more difficult than it could be.

Amen! Really no need to punish your self or experiment with these fasts/diets *cough* whole30, etc. Big fan of iifym
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,217 Member
    I have very occaisonal days when I only eat about that much - if I am sick or when I was recovering from surgery.

But not sure what the point of a planned day like this is? - one day won't hurt you and some people do fast for a day for various reasons ( no problem as long as balanced by their other days)
    But what are you expecting to acheive with this?

Or is it just a random thing to share?

That's fine, I guess - my random share for the day - was 45 deg celcius here today and too hot to cook - my tea consisted of 2 boiled eggs, coleslaw, cheese, tinned tuna, tin of sweet corn.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    What's a near fast? Is it a partial fast, 3/4 fast, so confused.

And the end result will be? If you fair well doing it this one time, do you push it further the next time? Do you really think you will lose weight faster or better this way?

Really would like to know what goes on in the minds of people that not only do this but post an announcement to the world about it.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    I hope your 2 pieces of fruit are like a whole watermelon and a whole pineapple. Those are the biggest fruits I could think of. Maybe a papaya? Seriously, though... You can lose weight just by eating at a sustainable calorie deficit. No need to put yourself through all this.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    I do something similar every Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. Occasionally other times through the year, but always for spiritual purposes. Since it's Three Kings Day, it shouldn't be a holy fast day.
    Possibly the OP felt that by putting it in writing it would be easier to do?