Why Did I Read that Stupid Article?

Options
I’m not even sure where I found it. But it was titled diets don’t work. I thought it would support the concept the diets are temporary but healthy lifestyles make the difference between shirt and long term achievements.

In stead it was about - well , I don’t want to poison you with it. I am angry that when I thought I would be motivated, I heave had yet one more barrier thrown in my face. Grr!

So I’m using that anger adrenaline to builds weekly menu, shop for it and start making portions. Today I need to study and plan to do this, but one day it will be the norm to simply buy, cook, and enjoy the right stuff.

Has anyone read a good motivation article recently?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    the problem, and I'm not sure if the article expressed it - was that many titled diets don't teach sustainable habits - they cut out whole classes of food (i.e. carbs) - so when the individual decides to not continue with it, and fall of the wagon (for lack of a better term) - they don't know how to develop a sustainable eating plan
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    You calculate a calorie deficit? Keep a food diary? Try to move more? If you’ve figured out that those things will facilitate weight loss, you don’t need any more information. Unless your Dr has more to add, I’d try to tune everything else out.

Media loves a good diet or fitness story. Headline today will be contradicted by the headline next Monday. Don’t let them jerk you around.

Oh, and if the article is based on a study, most of the time they got the headline by exaggerating or misrepresenting the findings.