orthodox christmas anyone

Options
I have one more holiday weekend to survive. With supper having twelve dishes many high carb, and tomorrow another big dinner of cabbage rolls, pierogies, ham and sausage. I will be sa glad when this holiday season is over and I can get back to regular food and routine. Spent the last two days cooking, but not over eating. Staying on track so far, but my only exercise has been being on my feet all day.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Do you have to eat everything?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun.
  • gracegettingittogether
    Options
    I am too! Christ is born! Glorify Him! I'm going to eat small portions of everything too. I remember reading one of the saints saying that it's wrong to fast until the feast and then celebrate the feast with gluttony. So, God willing, I will celebrate the feast and break the fast, but with moderation, and not go crazy in this fast free week, as I have before. I'm always so excited to meet other Orthodox people, btw.
  • gracegettingittogether
    Options
    I was thinking the other day, how nicely God arranged things, in that we always have Liturgy , which gives us those extra breakfast calories to actually break the fast with afterward!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    We just use it as another excuse to celebrate longer. ;)

For New Year's eve (the 13th) we're going to have another try at our traditional new year's eve party fireworks that we had to cancel on the 31st due to extreme cold... wind chill was around -40.