At home workouts

Options
I have 3 little ones and it’s difficult to find time to head to the gym. I weigh 130 and want to lose about 15lbs. I lost ten and then gained most of it back over the past few months from lack of diet and exercise. I’m looking for fun workouts I can do at home and maybe incorporate my kids into. They love to do whatever I’m doing so if they enjoy the workout it will help to keep me motivated and gives something we can all do together.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    YouTube, your local library, Netflix or Amazon streaming options. These are your best resources for finding something you like to do. Keep trying new things until something clicks.

I like Jessica Smith TV on YouTube and Kelly Coffey Meyer DVDs. Fitness Blender is very popular here (YouTube).....they have many free workouts and even more for a fee.

Yoga with Adreinne, PopSugar Fitness, BeFit, Blogilates are some more to check out.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,736 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Zumba videos. Kids love to dance!
    Yoga videos - It helps with core strength, balance, and flexibility, and they can get interested in poses because they have names: "Look, Mom! I'm a warrior!" :)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I like fitness blender and if you want a more structured plan, you can buy from them which takes their workouts and puts them in a training sequence
  • wendolinovich
    wendolinovich Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do a little circuit with a mini tramp, treadmill and boxing bag, and gym mat... I don't have little ones but I manage to entertain the dog at the same time and whenever my little nephews visit, they love all those things!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have two under 5 and I've only worked out at home: fitness DVDs and free YouTube videos (my favorites are Jillian Michaels, especially 30 Day Shred since it's a full workout in less than 25 minutes... aka, a little one's nap), dance games on video game console like Dance Dance Revolution (the 4 year old loves it too), jogging in place while watching Netflix (4 year old also likes this), body weight exercises like push ups/planks/squats, hand weights, and yoga. When it's warm enough we walk to the playground. :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I workout at home every morning before work. exerciseTV, BeFit channel, Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin, pop sugar, kickboxing, tae Bo...
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Use your little ones as weights for strength training
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Beachbody on demand looks alright. Right now I am working out at home to avoid the crowd at the gym. I have resistance bands and I just do a routine I found on the Internet.
  • amelisegb
    amelisegb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I really like Joanna Soh's workouts on youtube - she even has 30-day and 90-day exercise and meal plans available, with recipes!
  • kfischer1018
    kfischer1018 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is what got me into working out. So tough I love how motivating Jillian was for me! I love PopSugar Fitness. When was the last time you smiled while doing cardio?! I do every time I do one of their dance cardio videos. I also love Body by Simone! She is tiny but mighty and I love her accent! Lol I have friends who swear by Beach body videos but I've never actually done one. I've never worked out anywhere but my house and I love it! There's plenty out there to try until you find some thing you love!
  • SusanMcMc
    SusanMcMc Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Daily Burn for me. They have about 25 different programs from Pilates to CrossFit style. My favorite is the live 365 each day. It includes cardio and body weight exercise. You can chat live with the folks in studio and get to know the on and off air community. Best of all, they down hawk shakes or powders and are 100% positive no matter where you’re at to start.
  • 69HealthyMe
    69HealthyMe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yoga or walking videos. Have a dance party with your kids
  • ssl5555
    ssl5555 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have recently purchased Country Heat by Beachbody, fun moves to upbeat country songs. Really good fun, comes with a calendar so you know what to do on each day.
  • jhubb99
    jhubb99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Adriene (free on youtube or can subscribe for extras) and Fitness Blender are my two votes!!! :)
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Blogilates (Pop Pilates, Pilates Intense Interval Training), Yoga with Adriene is great, Jillian Michaels has a great app plus her fitness dvds. I’m using a Running for Weightloss app that I do on my home treadmill too.
  • lindseyaruscheinsky
    Options
    I love BeachBody OnDemand! So many choices. And they have a serious for families!
  • gg3975
    gg3975 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I looked for used equipment. I have found a recumbent bike and bow flex used for under 100.00. Starting my own home gym/playroom so everyone is having fun.