• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I can't tolerate energy drinks at all,bleh
  • Hottlieb
    Hottlieb Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I WOULD NOT recommend pre-workout drinks/supplements based on what you said.

As someone who has been working out for years and has tried numerous pre-workouts and knows the supplement industry, Pre-workouts are proprietary blends - meaning you don’t know the dosage of things and for the most part it will have 10+ ingredients without showing how many milligrams are in each, but MOST IMPORTANTLY they work synergistically.

If you have or even think you have an irregular heartbeat, stay away. Energy drinks have Caffiene and L-Taurine which work synergistically and then throw in 6-8 more things you don’t know how your body will handle it. I have experienced and have seen my fair share of reactions to them and that was when they were used for what they are intended for.

To put it simply, if you think pre-workouts can be used as a substitute or even on the same day as coffee/energy drinks, you could regret it.

I’d also like to add that, you’ve gotten plenty of good advice so far and if you read the label on a number of PWO, a lot of them are 1-2 scoops NO MORE, 1x in 24 HOURS
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love my energy drinks too and I’ve been known to down 2-3 and follow that up with Mountain Dew and coffee, and chocolate covered espresso beans. Just don’t, it’s a bad idea. I hate to be one more person to say it but.... if you’re experiencing side effects from caffeine then you need to reduce it.