Anyone care to share a 1,400 calorie a day meal plan?

Options
Artemis_diana
Artemis_diana Posts: 20 Member
Hi everyone!!

I hope that everyone enjoyed their holidays! Does anyone care to share a 1,400 calorie meal plan that is cheap, easy to make and good for someone who does many sports? It would be super appreciated!

If you would like a motivation buddy, or to do this meal plan together and share our experiences, I would be super happy!

Cheers!

Art

Replies

• mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Just eat what you like and make it fit into 1400 calories. We don't know your likes, dislikes, if you have allergies to any foods, etc. Or if you need inspiration, Google will give you a lot of info if you search "1400 calorie menu" .
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I don't have a meal plan, I don't do well on "eat this list of foods". The foods I find filling may not be the same list for you. For satiety; protein, fiber and fat are the usual suspects.

Instead I try to put together meal/snack components that fit my macros (protein, fat & carbs)...I also like to incorporate fiber. Eating my favorite foods, but tweaking them....example a sandwich is still okay, but not with a serving of chips. Veggies give me more "bang for my calorie buck".

Breakfast example - steel cut oats made with milk (for protein) - chopped nuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon. OR Greek yogurt, berries, nuts & a sprinkle of high fiber cereal OR homemade egg McMuffin, extra egg white, 2% cheese on a high fiber English muffin.

Lunch is planned around my protein source. Grilled chicken is great in a wide variety of salads (taco, Asian, harvest, cobb, Ceasar, etc) OR cottage cheese, fruit and veggies OR sandwich, veggie side, and a piece of fruit as a mid-afternoon snack. I like to make a big pot of white chili, portion it out and freeze for future lunches. LEftovers are good too.

Skinny Taste.com has great recipes.
  • Artemis_diana
    Artemis_diana Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No allergies, no intolerances, no particular love for meat but I am open to that as well! I actually work super well with meal plans! I am chaotic and love something that forces me to be strict with myself. Okay, I will research a bit. Cheers mates!
  • CMKelly65
    CMKelly65 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of luck, believe it or not, with finding recipes on Superhealthykids.com. They have great salads that incorporate good sources of protein, something I find hard to get enough of. Some ideas also are Balela salad, Mexican quinoa, vegetable curries (we do a lot of curries in our house, sometimes with tofu, sometimes with chick peas, or chicken...) Also, 100 days of real food has a lot of great recipes that are 100% homemade.
    I find that when I sit down and have some recipes on hand, I can make out a meal plan and grocery list and things just hum ticketyboo. When I don't, we end up relying on less-than-healthy options. I use notebooks to write recipes in, make meal plans, and if you find a week or a two-week pattern that you like, just reuse it.
    Good luck!!
  • csedore03
    csedore03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually do a 2 egg omelette with cheese and veggies for breakfast. Then almonds for a snack or 5 wheat crackers and a cheese stick. Lunch is usually a salad with lots of veggies in and some shredded Parmesan cheese in it. Sometimes I add chicken, tuna or turkey in it. Fruit for afternoon snack and a Hershey miniature or kiss or two. Then supper is usually a meat, and veggies. Or soup. Sometimes Pasta. Then I have an evening snack.
  • dorcon
    dorcon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    500 calorie dinner I made the other night: package of ramen soup. Add in chopped spinach (or another veg). After 3-4 minutes remove from heat and stir in an egg to add protein and thicken it. Very filling.
    Lunch is always open faced if I'm having a sandwich. It feels more satisfying to have 2 slices, and feels like 2 sandwiches.