Skinny fat kid looking for friends advice and motivation

Options
I done have a huge chest shoulders or arms, but the working away lifestyle ( eating out , boozing) has left me with a belly, I hate it.

So I'm now working hard to loose this a bit before upping clean calorie intake and training to see if I get some size up top.

All comments and advice welcome

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :)
  • brendanwhite84
    brendanwhite84 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    If you're anything like me (not-spectacular genetic potential for muscle, light frame) you'll find it way easier to cut the fat than build muscle. So enjoy that phase while you can.

The app's really great for both directions, though. When you're bulking you're going to want to make sure you're eating the right (large) amount of protein and tracking your food makes that pretty easy.

Also, when you get to bulking don't just screw around aimlessly with a nebulous goal in mind. Identify how many pounds you want to gain, what kind of body fat % is acceptable to you, and most importantly, get a good strength training program that is structured and is intended to progressively overload your muscles.

Finally, it's virtually impossible for someone who's not on gear to gain more than half a pound of muscle per week, so my general advice on a bulk is never aim above that in terms of weight gain. I gained 25 lbs at .5 lb per week and lifting heavily, and it was still only a bit above two-thirds muscle.