Peanut Butter makes me sad...

Options

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I just ordered this peanut butter flour from i-herb, I hope it's good!

fv4z05kl4zrm.jpg

I use protein plus peanut flour, Game changer :p Seems no one knew peanut flour existed the PB2 rage had taken over, Peanut flour is cheaper and delicious and no more work. Super glad i tried it myself and have been poking people to since lol. Stock up when you like it before they realize its becoming the new thing and prices rise XD

And it was only $8 (AUD), can't argue with that!

No one uses peanut flour their all obsessed with PB2 its literally the same thing without the added sugar/cocoa. Seriously the price is going to rise the more of us who realize that xD

PB2 is $20 for the 454g jar in the shops here, flippan highway robbery!

Make sure to tell me if you end up liking it :D
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

fv4z05kl4zrm.jpg

I use protein plus peanut flour, Game changer :p Seems no one knew peanut flour existed the PB2 rage had taken over, Peanut flour is cheaper and delicious and no more work. Super glad i tried it myself and have been poking people to since lol. Stock up when you like it before they realize its becoming the new thing and prices rise XD

And it was only $8 (AUD), can't argue with that!

No one uses peanut flour their all obsessed with PB2 its literally the same thing without the added sugar/cocoa. Seriously the price is going to rise the more of us who realize that xD

PB2 is $20 for the 454g jar in the shops here, flippan highway robbery!

Make sure to tell me if you end up liking it :D

Will do :+1:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    It may have been said (I'm at work and sneaking on the site so I didn't check all 3 pages), but I put my peanut butter on toast... spreads around much more!
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I eat a tablespoon a day in the afternoons - but, I am trying to switch to Epic bars.... b/c like others have said - it's my jam... and I can't stop. I crave it.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I’m the opposite. I find 30g more than enough. Especially if you’re making 1/2 a sandwich.

Who eats just half a sandwich? :huh:

I don't even buy peanut butter anymore, i have no restraint. I used to add around 20g to my smoothies, but all i got out of that was extra calories and no peanut buttery taste, as 20g is a pathetically small amount! :sad:

I know, right? After I finished my puny little snack I sat staring down at the plate thinking "Really? 250 calories? Where's the rest?"
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,981 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    FWIW, I just eat peanut butter straight out of the jar.

A little "naughty" (like sticking your finger in the jar on the sly when you were a kid) and the fewest calories that way.

Just 90 cals/tbsp. ;)
  • Christine_72
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    FWIW, I just eat peanut butter straight out of the jar.

A little "naughty" (like sticking your finger in the jar on the sly when you were a kid) and the fewest calories that way.

Just 90 cals/tbsp. ;)

That's what I do, and is why i don't buy it anymore :tongue:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You need a good bit of peanut butter to make a decent sandwich so I don't usually have them unless I'm hiking/camping and I'm burning through a ton of calories anyway. 30 grams is enough for me if I just have it on a slice of toast.

Actually, I can't have peanut butter around because my youngest is very allergic...I use almond butter instead.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Me too :(
  • laurnalou
    laurnalou Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love to eat peanut butter and celery in the mornings. It fills me up and I love the way it tastes. Today is my first day back to trying to eat better and I was surprised to find that 1 tablespoon (1/2 serving of the brand I had) was enough for 3 stalks of celery. It made my day!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    laurnalou wrote: »
    I love to eat peanut butter and celery in the mornings. It fills me up and I love the way it tastes. Today is my first day back to trying to eat better and I was surprised to find that 1 tablespoon (1/2 serving of the brand I had) was enough for 3 stalks of celery. It made my day!

You can get 1tbls on 3 stalks of celery....impossible!? Gotta see a picture of that :p
  • JaydedMiss
    edited January 2018
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

fv4z05kl4zrm.jpg

Is it really the same as PB2? Mixes the same? Also what do you mean by "no more work"??

PB2 is just peanut flour with added salt and sugar. A sprinkle of salt and a bit of sweetner and i have a higher protein lower cal just as delicious and customizable PB2 in 2 seconds flat...So ya lol. And cheaper. Its not peanutbutter. But it is PB2. Cant expect peanutbutter without the oil. But its delicious

edit: i also find it beter in smoothies its a deeper richer solid peanut flavor not being "watered" down by salt/sugar. Yummy. Possibly eating a bowl of peanutbutter now XD
  • Christine_72
    Options

fv4z05kl4zrm.jpg

Is it really the same as PB2? Mixes the same? Also what do you mean by "no more work"??

PB2 is just peanut flour with added salt and sugar. A sprinkle of salt and a bit of sweetner and i have a higher protein lower cal just as delicious and customizable PB2 in 2 seconds flat...So ya lol. And cheaper. Its not peanutbutter. But it is PB2. Cant expect peanutbutter without the oil. But its delicious

edit: i also find it beter in smoothies its a deeper richer solid peanut flavor not being "watered" down by salt/sugar. Yummy. Possibly eating a bowl of peanutbutter now XD

LOL @JaydedMiss You're going to become the resident MFP powdered peanut butter expert :+1:
  • JaydedMiss
    Options

fv4z05kl4zrm.jpg

LOL @JaydedMiss You're going to become the resident MFP powdered peanut butter expert :+1:

im down. Lifetime supply of peanutflour :D? lol
  • JaydedMiss
    edited January 2018
    Options

fv4z05kl4zrm.jpg

Well its in my amazon cart. Gonna try it. But no its not cheaper than PB2. Same price.

Has anyone tried to pre=mix their powdered butter and keep in the fridge? How long? I am reading various opinions on this. Some say 48h some say 10 days. what say you?

Mine was significantly cheaper:o believe @Christine_72 said hers was to? I have a stupid bad fridge so iv never tried, I am used to makign stuff as i need it. Its quick enough to make up and less tempting to just dip a finger into in powder form xD Depending on how you made it id say, I mean its the same as a store making it. Few small differences cant make THAT much a difference. Who knows xD
  • Christine_72
    Options

fv4z05kl4zrm.jpg

Well its in my amazon cart. Gonna try it. But no its not cheaper than PB2. Same price.

Has anyone tried to pre=mix their powdered butter and keep in the fridge? How long? I am reading various opinions on this. Some say 48h some say 10 days. what say you?

Mines still sitting in my i-herb cart, I'll order when i need to get other stuff.
    The one i got is California Gold peanut flour, $8 (AUD) for 454g, so cheaper than PB2. It would cost even less for you Americans/Canadians.
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have seen the powdered PB that's been mentioned above. I can't wrap my mind around how it works. Is it just the flavor? I'm trying to imagine my poor bread with sprinkles of powdered flavored PB. THAT makes me sad.

I haven't tried making the paste, but I do stir a tablespoon of the PB powder into my oatmeal for some added protein. It only adds about 40 calories but 2.5 grams of protein and it tastes so good!
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and sliced apples. Yum! :)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    laurnalou wrote: »
    I love to eat peanut butter and celery in the mornings. It fills me up and I love the way it tastes.

Just put this on my list of things to try.
  • zkassy107
    zkassy107 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jiff has a whipped PB, and the 2 TBSP are more than enough for a sandwich