Replies

• Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    What are you eating now?
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I try to eat more protein than carbs and that seems to be working so far.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Non fat Greek yogurt has been a life saver for me as a snack in beginning of my weight loss journey. Stock up enough for one or two servings a day.
  • alvarezadriana968
    alvarezadriana968 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Anything that fits within your daily calorie goal. Do pay attention to try to meet your minimum for protein fat and fiber. That means you'll be focusing on foods that will satiate you and satisfy you longer and you will be less likely to be hungry
    Non fat Greek yogurt has been a life saver for me as a snack in beginning of my weight loss journey. Stock up enough for one or two servings a day.

My son gave me a good solution to this
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Less food
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Less, and don't try - do.
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I recommend a reasonable calorie goal. If you’re burning out trying to stick to a super low goal you won’t stick to it. Also, bananas keep me full. Protein! Try searching for recipes for foods you enjoy but are trimmed down on the calories, I never liked zuchinni but since I got the spiralizer I can eat a bunch of veggies.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Anything that fits within your daily calorie goal. Do pay attention to try to meet your minimum for protein fat and fiber. That means you'll be focusing on foods that will satiate you and satisfy you longer and you will be less likely to be hungry

My son gave me a good solution to this

?
  • wizzybeth
    Options

I have personally found that eating full fat Greek yogurt with a sprinkling of crushed Total cereal on top in place of granola sticks with me all morning. Fat and protein are a necessary part of proper nutrition. Previously I struggled to get enough fat in my daily routine until I started eating full fat yogurt.

I eat Total cereal because it is fortified with iron which I used to lack, among other nutrients not found in granola. I crush up 1/2 a serving to put on top.

Just my own personal preference. I rarely opt for low-fat or fat free dairy.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose weight and I need tips

Eat the same things you're eating now, but in smaller quantities. Also consider increasing exercise.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @wizzybeth That is a unique problem, not getting enough fat! Are you a vegetarian, by chance? I am not. I found it hard to meet my protein goal without going WAY over fat goal at beginning of my weight loss journey. I guess I shouldn't assume everyone has the same issue. But anyways, that's why I recommended non fat yogurt. Whole fat yogurt is definitely more delicious to me! I was trying to recommend something to the OP since she asked for ideas of weight loss foods. Not trying to bash fat haha! I love fat!!!
  • Zkriz
    Zkriz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Am eating out how does it work even you are eating out how much do you lost pounds.
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    @wizzybeth That is a unique problem, not getting enough fat! Are you a vegetarian, by chance? I am not. I found it hard to meet my protein goal without going WAY over fat goal at beginning of my weight loss journey. I guess I shouldn't assume everyone has the same issue. But anyways, that's why I recommended non fat yogurt. Whole fat yogurt is definitely more delicious to me! I was trying to recommend something to the OP since she asked for ideas of weight loss foods. Not trying to bash fat haha! I love fat!!!

Nope I am not a vegetarian. I just don't eat a lot of high-fat food Apart from dairy products usually. Even with me I always tended to eat chicken

Because the lower fat products also have lower calories. And I feel peanut butter has way too many calories for the amount of oomph it provides LOL.

Finding the balance to get the proper amount of protein fat and stay within my calories is a challenge
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    Zkriz wrote: »
    Am eating out how does it work even you are eating out how much do you lost pounds.

When I eat out I try to guess at how many calories my meal is. Other people suggest looking up chain restaurants with similar meals to see what they list on their nutrition data for their calories. It's not exact but it's better than nothing.

After a while as you become more experienced with tracking weighing your food Etc, you'll be able to give a reasonable guess as to how many calories you're eating when you are eating out. Depending on what foods you choose