Men over forty

Options
i'm looking for some guys my age to compare notes with. Lets face it men and women lose differnt.

Replies

• TheNailer66
    Options
    That'll be me then...

44. Started a couple of weeks ago. Lost 6lb so far. Don't know if you have a smart phone (iPhone, BlackBerry etc..) but if you do it's worth getting the app as you can enter stuff as and when. I've found you can still have the odd treat (I've just had 6 rich tea biscuits with my coffee!) because I had about 400 calories remaining for the day and that lot still only used about 240. What exercise you doing? I hate exercise but it's a necessary evil. Been cycling most evenings (can't run cos I've got a dodgy knee) which gives me an extra 200 or so calories so worth it in the end.

I see you're in Florida. I was in Ft Lauderdale/Aventura/Palm Beach/Miami on business a few weeks ago. Bloody hot and humid!
  • labreemike
    labreemike Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i've been doing an elliptical 1 hour 6 times a week plus i walk the dog 30 mins morning and evening. i'm getting sick of the elliptical so i'm cutting it down to 4times weekly. then 2 days of strenght training. do you use all your exercise cals too. i've been trying to not use them. unless your in a pool ac or rain florida can be down right miserable.
  • TheNailer66
    Options
    What on Earth is an elliptical? Been having to force myself to do the bike ride but once I'm out I quite enjoy it. Weird.

I always think any exercise is a chore but, even though I've lost 3lbs two weeks running, I know that'll slow down sooner rather than later so anything that keeps the metabolism going needs to be done.

Been to FL 3 times now. Once in September when it was a bit cooler but more stormy, and twice in June. I'm never going in the summer again unless it's on holiday! Walking round in a work shirt and suit trousers in 90+ heat and God knows what humidity ain't my idea of fun.

Is your start weight 252 and you're looking to get to 180? That's a lot of weight to shift. Mine was 264 and I'm looking to get to 210 (maybe a bit under). Being 6'2" I'd look like a beanpole if I lost any more. How tall are you?
  • labreemike
    labreemike Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i figure i'll aim high if i can crack 200 i 'll be escatic