TOPS question

Options
Hello All,

Has anyone tried TOPS meetings. If so, did you like them and/or find them helpful? I'm considering giving them a try.

Thanks,
Andrew

Replies

• GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have not but a friend did last year and kept me well informed. She loved it and looked forward to her weekly meets. Where she went there was weekly and monthly weight recognitions and Recipe sharing. It was very affordable and a great emotional support. She started by checking out an open house. Perhaps where you live there may be one.
  • shylady76
    shylady76 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I went years ago and lost my first 20 pounds. It is a great support system.
  • abbefaria4
    abbefaria4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you both.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I belong to TOPS. I love the members and support. One downside for me is that I can't seem to break the habit or mindset that after weigh-in day it ends up being a time to let loose and also often binge. What a waste! Then I fight all week long to undo the damage. I haven't figured a way to stop this yet.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    I belong to TOPS. I love the members and support. One downside for me is that I can't seem to break the habit or mindset that after weigh-in day it ends up being a time to let loose and also often binge. What a waste! Then I fight all week long to undo the damage. I haven't figured a way to stop this yet.

Perhaps an unofficial more regular weigh in?
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

I'm not sure what you mean?. I do weigh myself at home daily.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

I'm not sure what you mean?. I do weigh myself at home daily.

That's what I mean, log that in a trend app, then there is no one weigh in day, and no psychological "it's done now, I can I eat what I like"
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why people seek out other weight loss apps/meetings when MFP has everything one needs to lose weight and keep if off consistently...but each to their own I guess.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I'm not sure why people seek out other weight loss apps/meetings when MFP has everything one needs to lose weight and keep if off consistently...but each to their own I guess.

Some people find better accountability and encouragement from in person support, than online, that's the one thing MFP doesn't offer. I use plenty of other apps alongside MFP - Garmin, C25K, Libra, Zombies Run!, Strava - all of them help me with different aspects of weight loss and fitness.