You know that guy, that uses the hip abduction machines...

Options
13»

Replies

• Marks281172
    Marks281172 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Broke a squat plateau using the aduction/abduction machines... just have to accept you need to check your dignity at the gym door :)
  • Italia2229
    Italia2229 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, I was in a military gym getting looks from the dudes that walk around with their puffed arms out. You know the ones I'm talking about...big upper body with chicken legs?

It's not just in a gym on military installations. Happens at the gym I go too and I am in the military. Regular gyms have those guys too and there are probably more of them in a regular gym then there are in a gym on a military installation.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    )

It gives shape to your quads and is one of the easier exercises - I've gotten past the stares I get while using it haha
    i don't believe this machine works the quads? Unless I'm thinking of the wrong one
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    You guys have me laughing on the floor!

1. I brought my favorite purse
    2. Left my heels at home
    3. Don't feel guilty unless I am wearing really short shorts and I am free-balling it.

I really shouldn't have read this whilst taking a drink of water. Too funny.

Lots of the guys at my gym use the Hip Ab and Ad machines. I dont see what the problem is with guys using these, it slike saying woman can't do deadlifts :)
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I use both abduction, and adduction machine on legs day. Always have since back in HS sports days. Why would anyone not use them? They build important stabilizer muscles, and help with quick side to side movement, and direction changes....

I too leave my purse and heels in the locker while working out .....