Looking for motivating friends and ideas!

Options
erikNJ
erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
I just wanted to introduce myself. I have had success with MFP in the past, but never used the message boards, and now I'm looking forward to adding this to help myself and others along.

I'll try to keep this short. I am 36. My heaviest weight was around 280 about 12 years ago. Around 11 years ago I was down under 220. Since then I have been gradually gaining it back. Over the first 8 years I was up to 250ish. The last few years have been the worst and over the holidays I was up to 275 - just 5 lbs shy of my heaviest weight. Now that I'm 12 years older I can feel the affect the weight has on my body.

Long term goal would love to lose 70+. But since it’s a long journey my first goal is to drop 30

Replies

• erikNJ
    Options
    Does anyone use any good rewards to keep the motivation going?
    My wife and I are currently setting a percentage of weight loss goal every two weeks. If we hit it we get a little cash to save towards something we want to treat ourself with.

Any other good motivators?
    Please feel free to add me!
  • Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I’m saving up for a Caribbean vacation. I put a set amount aside for every pound I lose or every mile I run.
  • erikNJ
    Options
    Lutielu wrote: »
    I’m saving up for a Caribbean vacation. I put a set amount aside for every pound I lose or every mile I run.

That is great!
    Where are you looking to go?