Early Fifties and disgusted... HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• VegasTaxiDriver
    Options
    it can be down I lost 95 pounds in I year just eat a lot of chicken lol you just learn what to eat watch you tube videos you learn a lot and food examples, need any help let me know, thanks
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I was 52 when I started, I'm 5'3", And I weighed a Lot more than you do. Small, Consistant Changes, AND No More Negative Self Talk!!
    :flowerforyou: Your Body Will Achieve Whatever Your Mind Believes!! And your Mind Believes what Your Mouth Says!! Start talking to yourself the way you would talk to your Dearest, Best Friend.
  • eaharo
    eaharo Posts: 2
    Options
    All great advice. Baby steps are important...you don't have to make huge changes in every aspect of your life right away.Just make sure that the trend is positive. Get in the exercise habit. If you don't want to go out,get a walking dvd. I use Leslie Sansone's, "Watch what you eat" is annoying but true.Read labels, track food and exercise. If you want healthy guidelines, look at websites that refer to portion control in relation to your goal. For an example, some fruit can add up in calories. Also,discover things like fage yogurts, morningstar products, fresh low calorie anything. Just think before you buy it and put it in your mouth. At our age we have had enough buffets, birthday cakes, wine and cheese, boxed candies to last a lifetime. Make choices that extend yours. :)
  • bobjac5
    bobjac5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU< THANK YOU< THANK YOU to everyone who has posted on here for me... I read evey one of the posts and so appreciate it. I will journal my food and exercise daily. That is my first goal. I dont eat breakfast, I have a piece of cheese and some ultra thin sliced turkey around 10-11am everyday. I take lunch between 1-2 pm. I am going to try to eat something the first half hour I am up and drink a big glass of water as well. This is my start... Thank you again to everyone...I look forward to beoming MFP friends on here...:flowerforyou:
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    All great advice. Baby steps are important...you don't have to make huge changes in every aspect of your life right away.Just make sure that the trend is positive. Get in the exercise habit. If you don't want to go out,get a walking dvd. I use Leslie Sansone's, "Watch what you eat" is annoying but true.Read labels, track food and exercise. If you want healthy guidelines, look at websites that refer to portion control in relation to your goal. For an example, some fruit can add up in calories. Also,discover things like fage yogurts, morningstar products, fresh low calorie anything. Just think before you buy it and put it in your mouth. At our age we have had enough buffets, birthday cakes, wine and cheese, boxed candies to last a lifetime. Make choices that extend yours. :)