hungry all the time

Options
I'm really struggling with this diet I'm hungry all the time and always go over my allowance but I sent put weight on and I don't lose anything.

I'm starting to really lose my motivation

I don't know what else to do.

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hello.

Please tell us your current height and weight.

Also how many calories are you eating and do you exercise? If so, how many calories do you typically burn?

Also people are going to ask you to make your food diary public so they can have a look in order to better help you.
  • k8einsheff
    Options
    Hi im 5ft 1 weigh 138lbs

I eat 1200 calories to 1600 calories a day depending on exercise I can do anything from about 100 calories to 600. My average is 250/300 a day

I havent logged my food in here for the past week as was starting to give up. Im inly 25 no kids and have really bad stretch marks on my thighs I have recently been on holiday to cyprus and I was soooo uncomfortable. Im just not sure what to do im scared ill end up with more.

Please help me get motivated again I would love to know what im doing wrong.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi im 5ft 1 weigh 138lbs

I eat 1200 calories to 1600 calories a day depending on exercise I can do anything from about 100 calories to 600. My average is 250/300 a day

I havent logged my food in here for the past week as was starting to give up. Im inly 25 no kids and have really bad stretch marks on my thighs I have recently been on holiday to cyprus and I was soooo uncomfortable. Im just not sure what to do im scared ill end up with more.

What does a normal days food look like? You shouldn't be hungry eating 1600 cals unless it's all junk.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hi im 5ft 1 weigh 138lbs

How long did you give this a try and were you consistent daily? What kind of exercise are you doing?
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Are you truly hungry? Like physical hunger? Or are you trying to fill emotional voids with food? Because that type of hunger won't be satisfied by food.

If you are sure it is real actual physical hunger, then are you Drinking enough water? Is the food you are eating good quality food?
  • k8einsheff
    Options
    I have been doing this diet for 4 months now. And yes everyday :(

I have mostly been doing the below exercises:

Stationery bike
    Running
    Walking
    Jump rope
    Sit ups
    Yoga
    Pilates
    Zumba
    Mountain climbers

Thankyou all for replying and trying to help. Im also meant to be getting married next year so im really wanting to lose weight and look my best so I need all the help I can get.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    1200 cals to 1600 cals a day is a good amount of food and if you are exercising and adding those cals also then you have a fantastic amount of food to eat.

If you have not been logging then how do you know how much you are eating? I ask this because I have been maintaining for a long while and if I take my eye off the ball for a few weeks with the logging then my weight can creep up a little.
  • k8einsheff
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruit and lots of salads.

Yes I am genuinley hungry sometimes I go to sleep with my belly rumbling because I know Icnt eat more cus ill b over my calorie count.
    So only way I can stop myself thinking about it is by going to sleep.

Im really struggling.

I will start logging my food back into the diary tomorrow
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling hungry all the time lately, too. I think it is because I don’t get much fat in my diet, so I am going to try to incorporate more avocados and olive oils to see if that helps. I am 5’3” and 130 and eat about 1600 a day, and I do practically the same exercises you do!
  • k8einsheff
    Options
    Im not loggin no but I know im still meeting my daily target as in eating / drinking exactly the same as I would before.
  • k8einsheff
    Options
    When I was logging daily
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    1200 cals to 1600 cals a day is a good amount of food and if you are exercising and adding those cals also then you have a fantastic amount of food to eat.

If you have not been logging then how do you know how much you are eating? I ask this because I have been maintaining for a long while and if I take my eye off the ball for a few weeks with the logging then my weight can creep up a little.

Yeah, this... when I saw people on here logging "gummy vitamins", I thought holy cow, some people log everything they put in their mouths. I started doing the same thing, and it was an eye-opener. I was using two tablespoons of heavy whipping cream in my daily coffee, thinking that it was too bad calorie-wise... ding, ding, ding... logged it, saw it was 100 calories and am switching to half-n-half (50 calories).
  • dangerousdumpling
    Options

twinketta makes a good point. Are you weighing your food? Start logging it as accurately as possible. Try to increase your protein. Eggs, meat, nut butters, cheese, and Greek yogurt. Protein will help a lot with hunger and cravings. If I don't have eggs for breakfast I get hungry quickly.

I'd also suggest that you lift weights. You're doing a lot of cardio which is great for burning calories but it doesn't reshape your body like lifting weights does. You may not lose many pounds but you'll lose inches and have the body you want. And in that case, who cares how many pounds you weigh?

Take your measurements, work on your diet, add weight training, and give it some time.
  • twinketta
    Options
    Im not loggin no but I know im still meeting my daily target as in eating / drinking exactly the same as I would before.

If you are not logging then you don`t know for sure, believe me, it is so easy to tip those calories over the edge and not drink those extra cups of water.

I do not want to sound mean by saying this, OK, I am just trying to encourage you...and there is a BUT..and the BUT is you can lose weight and not worry about stretch marks and holidays and all that stuff...if you stick to the MFP guidelines.

It works for lots of people, not just myself, but you really have to stick with it and LOG.

Don`t guess, it doesn`t work.
  • k8einsheff
    Options
    Thankyou

I know I am lacking protein quite a bit in my diet.

And I was actually thinking of going out at the weekend to buy a set of weights.

X
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Yep, protein. Increase that protein like a crazy lot amount. I go anywhere from 60 grams at my lowest up to well over 150 grams per day. Protein helps keep you full!
  • dangerousdumpling
    Options
    I just wanted to add that I understand how you feel about your holiday and feeling uncomfortable. I know you don't want to ever feel that way again. You want to be able to wear cute clothes and a swim suit and feel confidant and not have to worry about hiding this or that on your body. Use that as motivation and don't give up. Work hard and consistently so you'll never have to feel that way again. If you work hard your next holiday will be different.

Last summer I spent the entire three months hiding out in my backyard feeling fat and awful. I decided that I never wanted to feel that way again. This summer has been so different. I haven't reached my goal but it feels good to look much better and to know that I will reach my goal.
  • k8einsheff
    Options
    And thankyou again...

From tomorrow I will once again start logging.. I will also make my diary readable by all. So ifanyone would like to take a look and give me the *kitten* kicking I need it would b much appreciated.

Motivation is definately at a loss at the moment.

Thank you all for your help..... Fingers crossed
  • k8einsheff
    Options
    Wow that was a motavational speech actually got me rather emotional.

Im trying to use my wedding as my motivation as we are planning on marrying abroad so I dont want to have to cover up.
  • twinketta
    Options
    Thankyou

I know I am lacking protein quite a bit in my diet.

And I was actually thinking of going out at the weekend to buy a set of weights.

X

Just do it, eat more protein, log everything (even plan your diary the night before that helped me lots, then stick to it)

Believe in yourself, I let myself down thinking I couldn`t lose weight and did not add the weights in at the start, now I am playing catch up with weights.

you CAN do it x