Need help on what to do next (stuck on deciding..)

Options
21 male,5’8,current weight: 170

Hello all,
Basically I don’t know where I currently stand, I believe it’s more of a skinny fat but more fat and lost 60lbs cutting already.

I have a question regarding what I should do next

First my goal, I would like to be in the best shape I can get within 6 months.
Currently I’ve lose 60lbs from 230 to 170 over the past 8 months.
However, I’m still overweight and have quite a bit of fat on me but I’m fine with how I look for now.
What I noticed is I lack muscle, and haven’t been going to the gym for resistance training, only cardio when losing weight.
My question is should I bulk up now and cut later before the end of 6 months? Or should I keep on cutting to 150 or so then bulk back up. Also one other question, if I do bulk up what should be my percentage for carb/protein/fat.
Thanks... also any other advice is greatly appreciated such as any guides to follow etc.

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    It's often very hard to tell if someone should bulk or cut without seeing a picture of them. Regardless of if bulking or cutting is best for you, the number one best thing you could do is to beginning resistance training. Get on a proven beginners lifting routine (Greyskull LP, Starting Strength, Stronglifts, etc) and either focus on continuing to lose fat or gaining muscle.