NSV- My poor wedding ring...

Options
melissaka7
melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
2 Thanksgivings ago...I couldn't tell you my weight...I'd gained so much weight that I had to get my wedding ring cut off & couldn't have it resized until after the first of the year. I started losing weight on 5/7 & 30lbs later my poor wedding ring won't stay on my finger. It isn't actually falling off, but it's so loose it scares me.

I'm afraid of getting it resized (even when I reach my goal weight) because I've already put it through so much!

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Put a chain on it and wear it as a necklace instead until you reach your goal weight :)
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I had mine sized down in March, now I have to put band-aids around it to keep it on.. I don't want to keep having it cut so im going to wait until the fall to get it sized.
  • swittlake
    Options
    I had to have mine cut off my finger as well. The night we upgraded my wedding ring i knew it didn't fit and that I needed to get it resized but I wanted to take home to show off to my parents. Well it fit my during the day but at night my fingers swell. Needless to say i put it on that night and could not get it off! So i had to take a trip into the ER and have it cut off. I have had my ring sized a few times since having it cut off, and have had no problems with it. Good Luck in whatever you decide. :)
  • EmmiDahling
    EmmiDahling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I had mine sized down when it wouldn't stay on my finger. Luckily, we'd bought the lifetime warranty plan so all resizings I'll need in the future are free. We had to replace my husband's though as it flew off his finger and into the baler at his work. He doesn't wear the new one to work.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I had mine resized from a 9 to a 7...WTG!!!!!!!
  • SEC_RULES
    SEC_RULES Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My wife is wearing mine on her thumb.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, I'm having the same problem. My ring slipped into the garbage can last night when I threw something away. My ring is tungsten carbide, which means it can't be re-sized. It's also black, which I think it really cool.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Put a chain on it and wear it as a necklace instead until you reach your goal weight :)

that's a great idea! Or will it fit a different finger for a while? I wear my mum's wedding ring on my middle finger of my left hand. Actually, I've noticed my own wedding and engagement rings spinning round on my finger even in the heat :noway: :ohwell: Perhaps I'll pop out for a chain.....
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options

Or until you reach Mt. Doom, at which point you could choose to cast it into the flames, thereby destroying the dark lord Sauron.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, I'm having the same problem. My ring slipped into the garbage can last night when I threw something away. My ring is tungsten carbide, which means it can't be re-sized. It's also black, which I think it really cool.

My husband has that ring!!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options

Or until you reach Mt. Doom, at which point you could choose to cast it into the flames, thereby destroying the dark lord Sauron.

Or that.
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    2 Thanksgivings ago...I couldn't tell you my weight...I'd gained so much weight that I had to get my wedding ring cut off & couldn't have it resized until after the first of the year. I started losing weight on 5/7 & 30lbs later my poor wedding ring won't stay on my finger. It isn't actually falling off, but it's so loose it scares me.

I'm afraid of getting it resized (even when I reach my goal weight) because I've already put it through so much!

Mine is needing resized. I have shrunk enough that if I shake my hands (like after washing them) the ring goes sailing across the room!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

My precious.....
  • jainm1234
    jainm1234 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My aunt taught me this trick. cover the side of the ring without the gem with thread. Just keep looping the thread till it is good enough to not slip off. Yes, it will look odd BUT it will stay on and then when you are ready to get it resized, just pull/cut the thread off. Gently of course! :)

Found a pic to explain it better; http://beauty-fulfilled.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Ringarella-1.jpg
  • sdpeklo
    sdpeklo Posts: 82
    Options
    I am having same issue. Mine was cut off after 1st pregnancy. Bought new band....had resized a few years ago. Now too loose. A good problem to have I suppose.....who would have guessed that I lost weight in my fingers. Toes too...seems like I have gown down half a shoe size as well. So strange.
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options

This is the best post I have read all day!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I've had my resized a few times. (free for life) But I know you can be nervous about sizing it up or down in case you lose or gain. I sized my up by a tiny bit bc I couldnt lose any....and BAM 20 lbs gone...and now all I do is play with rings and spin it around my fingers all day at work lol another 10-20lb (i guess?) I'll have to resize it again.
    Or have a stopper put on it. (you can have a metal one or even plastic ones...you can use those instead of re-sizing all the time.) Good luck and congrats!
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. I've in the past sized my ring up, then down, now I am waiting to get to my final goal before resizing it down again. My fingers are smaller now then when we got married. At one point I was up to an 8, now I need probably need a size 6. It doesn't even fit any of my fingers anymore.
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    .Mine is terribly loose as well. I'm not getting it sized until I reach goal. In the meantime, I am wearing a temporary one. It's a ring my husband had bought me about 9 yrs ago before my fingers got so big, and the only one I had not had resized. (-: Congrats on your weight loss.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Have the stone reset. New ring, same stone, same sentimental value.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!