First time at gym

Options
So in an hour I’m going to the gym for the first time I’m a little nervous as not sure what type of people is going to be there but I just want to start of slow and I was wondering what exercise machine people would recommend I just want to burn calories and turn up I was thinking the treadmill but as I’ve never been to a gym I’m not sure if anyone could recommend a better machine that might be there

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    If you're new to the gym, often a free session with a personal trainer is included in your membership. Make use of it! They will introduce you to the machines and areas of the gym, and can help give you an idea on a workout routine that will help you reach your goals while considering your experience level.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Movement causes you to burn calories. The more you move the more you burn. Choose equipment you feel comfortable using. If it is your first day someone should show you around and if not ask if they can show you how to use the equipment. No one there is judging you (despite what Planet Fitness would like everyone to believe). Everyone is there for the same purpose - to exercise. Go and have a great time!