support for support? &my journey so far

So i'm almost half way through my current goal and though i'd post up here, as some of my friends found it motivating and i'm now helping them a lot more and they ask me anything/everything and i answer :) I log everyday and don't judge as i've been to the two parts of unhealthy, so feel free to add me! :)

My journey so far (only if you want to read):
So to begin with i was overweight according to my BMI (although it's not accurate for me due to how small i am) due to going trough a bed period of depression, the love diet and university. the biggest factor for my weight gain and having an unhealthy body was primarily the depression and uni life of drinking, eating what was convenient and not being active. It wasn't until my flat mates got scales and i felt if was difficult to be very active that i turned my life around. i hadn't weighed myself in a long time as in my young-mid teens i was heading down the road of an eating disorder, but got my body/eating back to normal, with the exception of if i knew my weight/started a diet i would obsess and get my old unhealthy habits back.

I joined MFP after researching what i can do and so on and set my goals. To begin with, my bad habits took over. i only ate between 500-700 calories (stupid i know! But unless you've been there and knew my story you wouldn't understand, so please don't judge. i've CHOSEN to share this to HELP others not for people to go 'oh, one of them') and worked out as much as i could, except for the binge/lazy days.

I got my butt in gear and steadily moved towards my calorie goal and made it in a surprisingly short amount of time! I now eat my goal everyday, or close to it. I was so stressed about loosing that i forgot it's about changing how i live for the better and to become healthy- loosing weight is just part of the process. So i decided to start taking rest days instead of working out everyday, or at least have a day or two where the exercise isn't hardcore. I also started treating myself and having the occasional night out/meal out as it's part of most people's lives now and you need to live life, not restrict it. I also made a few swaps in what i eat/drink to lighten my calorie/fat intake and actually started drinking water! I used to hate water and could only drink it with squash, so all you people who are like that, you can do it! Just take a sip and start going for it :)

Now i'm 20lbs lighter, in the healthy category in just 3 months of changing my lifestyle and habits. I have also met and befriended so many great people on here. i can't thank them enough! you're all brilliant and i'm proud of you guys!

I know my journey is far from over, and even after reaching my goal there will be hard work to do. I want everyone to know it is possible, even with voices in your head making you 500 calories of silly, even with that dark place creeping up or taking hold of you, even with a student life, even with having your heart race when you do something. It may take you longer, and it may be tougher, but really, is it any different for us compared to others.

We're all in the same boat and we're all supportive (i have to say except for some people who judge others, the people you judge need help, not people ripping them apart.) and we're all going to make it. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not the day after that or that one or two days you have pizza! Take it a step at a time and enjoy it, realise what good you've done, as well as (not what you've done wrong-as it's not wrong) the things you can improve :) And remember you're just a person, we're never really perfect!

If you read this bit thanks and i hope i helped and didn't offend. good luck in your journey and take life into your hands to live and cherish it! Any questions feel free to message me and i wish you a good day ^_^
<3

Replies

• LRunda
    LRunda Posts: 59 Member
    It's amazing what awareness of what you consume can do for your body, mind and soul. MFP is seriously the enlightenment that I've needed for the past 10 years. Now I know how many calories I really need and the weight has come of with little effort (at least when it comes to eating).

Great job with your progress. Keep up the good work!