126 lbs gone, before & after pics.

Options
dbkyser
dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
I am far from done but well on my way and figured I would share for those who have a lot to lose and feel like its just too much or that they are too old.
You're never too old and this is so worth it. I started because I wanted to look better but now I feel so much younger and can do things I was never able to do, even in my 20's.
I lift weights and cycle now, have done some 40-mile road rides and love to lift heavy. I never in my life thought I would do either but once you get this process well underway it's amazing what you can do.

rdlpkcxavprg.jpg

Replies

• Angieve1
    Angieve1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow you honestly look like 10 years younger No joke O.O
  • tasneempetersenadams
    Options
    How long did it take u to lose that amt of weight?
  • rdgfit
    rdgfit Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Awesome my friend - inspiring - thanks for sharing!
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Looking good. Would be great to understand more as you look very similar to me. Your start/goal and methods.
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Great story, fantastic results good job :)
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well done you! You look cool. What an achievment you should be so proud of yourself and a great role model for us older members! Brill.....
  • 4bugsmama
    4bugsmama Posts: 2,875 Member
    Options
    Amazing results, congratulations!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation and dedication. Go you!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :smiley::smile: You've lost a whole person - Thats what I weigh!
  • ireallylikemuffins
    ireallylikemuffins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work! I agree that you look much younger now. Wow! And your face has really changed!
    Good luck on all of your goals for 2018! :smiley:
  • LP_Std
    LP_Std Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    First off Congratulations! That is a tremendous accomplishment. I have much less than that to lose but I am curious about the beginning phase. So you increased caloric intake at first while strength training in order to build muscle. Once you built the muscle, you found it easier to cut back calories and start losing fat? Is that correct?
  • dbkyser
    Options
    First I just cute the way over drinking and eating the extra couple meals a day. Started eating less processed foods and making smarter choices. Was eating 2300 calories a day. Once I eliminated that I started walking and light cardio. It really went great and I started riding bicycle, had to buy a heavy duty bike. I remember first just riding up and down the driveway, then a mile, then 5. I now ride 40 miles at a time and love it. It takes very little to get moving and once you do just stick to it.
    I added calories after I had lost about 65 lbs and started lifting heavy, I would only allow myself to gain a little before I would reduce the calories and take that back off all while lifting.
  • tensquaredlives
    tensquaredlives Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • Guineagirl913
    Guineagirl913 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! I come to Success Stories for the motivation!
  • rmahoops
    rmahoops Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks and Keep it Up! This is inspiring!
  • eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    this is seriously amazing, be proud of yourself and keep it up! fantastic job <3
  • dbkyser
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this place has been amazing along my journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!