What are your favorite motivational quotes?

Options

Replies

• jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    “If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

"The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we're comparing our behind the scenes to everybody else's highlight reel." - Elevation Church

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” Henry Ford
  • heartwarmer22
    heartwarmer22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Without discipline & self-control you're never going to be the person you say you want to be.
  • Teele86
    Teele86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Run like you stole it! Love this quote
  • andypandy1109
    andypandy1109 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    nothing tastes as good as slim feels

and one i love

i did everything Fred Astair did ....but backwords in high heels...(Ginger Rodgers)
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    when someone says, "you can't do it" it doesn't mean that YOU can't do it, it usually means THEY can't do it.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Exercise: The poor man's plastic surgery

lol :) lots of good ones in here :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite one:
    “There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.”

“Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” ~Doug Larson

"Impossible isn’t a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible isn’t a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is nothing. "

I would rather be covered in sweat at the gym than covered with clothes at the beach.
  • srevels85
    srevels85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    lOVE this Topic!

"In the end, its your run and yours alone.
    others can run it WITH you but,
    no one can run it FOR you.
    Embrace it.
    Be Strong.
    KEEP MOVING FORWARD"
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    "Losers throw in the towel. Winners use it to wipe up the sweat."
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." - Bruce Lee

"If you hate starting over, stop quitting"

"To get something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done."

"It's not about how bad you want it.. it's about how hard you are willing to work for it"
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet.
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    When you're afraid, just train!
    When something doesn't feel right, just train!
    When you don't believe in yourself anymore, just train!
    The only thing that won't betray you is your training.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread!

Just do it.

All you need is love, love yourself, everything else will fall into place.

Make it so.

It doesn't matter if you are on the right track if all you're doing is sitting there.

I'm worth it.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein
  • TheVeganFrenchie
    Options
    "She believed she could so she did." :)
  • lovelyx091
    lovelyx091 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve."

This one is my absolute favorite.
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Options

“Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” ~Doug Larson

This is exactly why I cook my greens with a slice of bacon :)
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    1. It hurts to love some­one and not be loved in return. But what is more painful is to love some­one and never find the courage to let that per­son know how you feel.

2. A sad thing in life is when you meet some­one who means a lot to you, only to find out in the end that it was never meant to be and you just have to let go.

3. The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feel­ing like it was the best con­ver­sa­tion you’ve ever had.

4. It’s true that we don’t know what we’ve got until we lose it, but it’s also true that we don’t know what we’ve been miss­ing until it arrives.

5. It takes only a minute to get a crush on some­one, an hour to like some­one, and a day to love some­one — but it takes a life­time to for­get someone.

6. Don’t go for looks, they can deceive. Don’t go for wealth, even that fades away. Go for some­one who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright.

7. Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be. Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

8. Always put your­self in the other’s shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it prob­a­bly hurts the per­son too.

9. A care­less word may kin­dle strife. A cruel word may wreck a life. A timely word may level stress. But a lov­ing word may heal and bless.

10. The hap­pi­est of peo­ple don’t nec­es­sar­ily have the best of every­thing they just make the most of every­thing that comes along their way.

11. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, ends with a tear. When you were born, you were cry­ing and every­one around you was smil­ing. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smil­ing and every­one around you is crying.
    ~ Unknown

Mario_Az
  • tdotali
    tdotali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It is a shame for a man (woman) to never see the strengthand beauty of which his (her) body is capable of ~Socrates
  • amoymh
    amoymh Posts: 44
    Options
    I exercise alwyays in all black, it's like a funeral for my fat.
    Go not where the path may lead, instead make a path and leave a trail.

haha! I love this
  • amoymh
    amoymh Posts: 44
    Options
    I think it is now one of mine too, thanks!