MFP Rated Top Fitness App

Options
mph323
mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
http://www.cookinglight.com/healthy-living/fitness/the-best-fitness-mobile-apps-2018-iphone-android

"This is the greatest app ever"

This is from Cooking Light and OK is a result of a poll of staff members so really just an opinion piece, but the magazine has a huge following so really good, sensible information to counter the predatory diet/fitness woo onslaught. Although I was a little bemused by their positive take on the ease of using the recipe function...

Other apps that made it to the top 10:
2. Couch to 5K
3. Nike+ Run Club
4. Lose It!
5. Headspace Meditation
6. Plant Nanny (this is an intriguing water tracking app where you have a virtual plant that dies if you don't drink enough water. Probably not a good fit for anyone who has anxiety dreams about forgetting to feed the goldfish)
7. Strava
8. Apple Health
9. Official 7 Minute Workout
10. Yoga Glo

Anyway, it was a fun read, and a nice break from the endless stream of "walnut diet" crap in my newsfeed.

Here's to a healthy, happy day to all :drinker:

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    So, more newbies coming?

:)
  • mph323
    Options
    So, more newbies coming?

:)

Maybe someone will google "what's the best fitness app" and this thread will come up and they'll join the community and read the stickies and set up a sensible weight-management/fitness plan and eventually post before and after pictures in the Success forum...

Hahahahaha - haven't had my second cup of coffee yet :o
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Awww, I used to love Plant Nanny.
    It really did get my water intake up when I first started. I may have to down load it again, just for fun.

There is a walnut diet now. Mmmmm and they go so well with brussel sprouts.

It's nice to see MFP hit the good guys list.

Cheers, h.
  • mph323
    Options
    Awww, I used to love Plant Nanny.
    It really did get my water intake up when I first started. I may have to down load it again, just for fun.

There is a walnut diet now. Mmmmm and they go so well with brussel sprouts.

It's nice to see MFP hit the good guys list.

Cheers, h.

Eat Walnuts and Lose a Pound a Day!

http://www.womansworld.com/posts/walnuts-for-weight-loss-150139

I considered posting a cautionary thread around this, then decided too many people would jump right in, because wow! a pound a day!!!!. And I swear I don't go looking for this stuff - it keeps appearing in my news feed.