im out of control

Options
hi everybody, Im feeling hopeless.
i know what to do i know what to eat and i still cant bring myself to do it. right now i stuffed my face with a slice of cheesecake, i knew i shouldnt be eating it, i told myself "no dont eat it", but i still did. kinda like a "i do what i want" sort of thing. i dont feel guilty about the cheesecake, i just feel so dumb and angry with myself for sabotaging myself, its like im my own worst enemy. its like i enjoy doing the wrong thing.
i know i have serious food issues, specially with controlling my portions, i dont know how to fix this underlying issues in order to be more healthy. i feel like im never gonna loose weight, but at the same time i cant phantom to be obese forever.

Replies

• ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    it's easy to say, but try to channel that feeling into a positive. You know why you are here and signed up for. Only you can control what you put in your body. Just remember to count your calories and stay under your caloric level. Remember you CAN have that piece of cheesecake but you have to add it in and that takes a huge chunk out of your daily allowance. Try reading over some of the success stories here to keep motivated, that's what I do. It is a long journey but you are the master...
  • joleenhernandez
    joleenhernandez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Girl it was a SLICE - it’s not like you sat there and ate an entire cheesecake - don’t beat yourself up, take each day - as just that a day - life is too short to kick yourself for having a sweet when you didn’t plan to.
  • wendsg
    wendsg Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Ya know, as long as you can fit it in your calorie allowance, eat whatever you like!

What do I do when I go over? I go on a long bike ride to help burn it back off, and chug some water to get the ol' GI system going. Works like a charm, and allows me to enjoy everything I desire in life - ice cream, pizza, cookies, and all the Diet Coke I can slurp. Don't file foods into "I can't eat that" categories - just say "I can have a little of that!" and have a little. Enjoy life!

And if you went over your calorie allotment today, there's always tomorrow. :)