Breastfeeding and MFP

Options
I’m just wondering if I should ignore the fact I’m breastfeeding on the app (as I see no place to specifically note it) or if there is any suggested ideas as how to add this to my diary.

Do I change my calorie goals?
Do I make it a meal or an excercise?

I’m new to the app so if this is redundant my apologies.

Replies

• nilimel
    nilimel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I breastfeed but I have never changed anything here or my workout because of it. Was I supposed to? I'm not sure I'm understanding it lol. You're not consuming it so why would you make it a meal?
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    There is a listing for it in your food diary. It gives you negative calories.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    nilimel wrote: »
    I breastfeed but I have never changed anything here or my workout because of it. Was I supposed to? I'm not sure I'm understanding it lol. You're not consuming it so why would you make it a meal?

Because you're burning more calories than MFP expects, and not replacing those calories could damage your supply.

OP, you can add it to your food diary (as a negative calorie entry), add it as exercise, manually add those calories to the goal given to you, or set to maintenance and let it create your deficit.
  • joleenhernandez
    joleenhernandez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    nilimel wrote: »

Because you're burning more calories than MFP expects, and not replacing those calories could damage your supply.

OP, you can add it to your food diary (as a negative calorie entry), add it as exercise, manually add those calories to the goal given to you, or set to maintenance and let it create your deficit.

Ok perfect thank you!