Do you log "cheat days"?

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I don't, but I should. Because not logging them, I don't know how much of my deficit for the week I've just knocked out.
  • BBum69
    BBum69 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I log everything, but I count by the week, so what happens on any one day doesn't matter very much. Extra calories eaten on Tuesday can be walked off on Thursday, or the other way around. It's so much easier than trying to hit daily targets.
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I make sure I log everything even if I decide to have an indulgent meal, it keeps me accountable and I can see my average over the week. It's just what works for me, I need to see it all otherwise I go overboard too much.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I log everything. As accurately as possible. Even the treat days.

Like some other posters here, I evaluate on a weekly scale. I don't get concerned about being over or under the calorie target for individual days.
  • Acem24
    Acem24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    *kitten* yeah!
  • PetiteHabanero
    PetiteHabanero Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything as best I can, but most DEFINITELY I log 'cheat' days. It's all about accountability.
  • Acem24
    Acem24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything as best I can, but most DEFINITELY I log 'cheat' days. It's all about accountability.

Mad respect!
  • MarkusDarwath
    MarkusDarwath Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    For me "cheat day" specifically means I'm not logging, or tracking calories or macros. This is pretty much related specifically to social engagements, because I have no inclination to tote my food scale everywhere with me, nor to hound my hosts about ingredients. And I'm terrible at estimating. This is not necessarily a guarantee that I'm going to go horribly over on anything, just an acknowledgement that it's not really worth the effort to enter a log that I know is going to be grossly inaccurate anyway.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    I do the best I can, but the only real "cheat" days I have are my birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas. For three days out of 365, I don't think it matters one way or another.

ditto that. sometimes i log it. sometimes i dont. regardless, it makes no difference lol
  • wireman12
    wireman12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I log everything. It keeps me focused and aware
  • PetiteHabanero
    PetiteHabanero Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Acem24 wrote: »

Mad respect!

Thanks! That being said I had an awful cheat day yesterday, but it was my sister's birthday so we went out. Literally like 1/3 over my daily goal for maintenance and I skipped my work out to get some errands done before the party.

Just gotta remind myself that it is OK once in a while, but can't be an everyday lifestyle sort of thing.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I log them.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    I log the calories I eat. I often go over my recommended daily calories by 1000+ and still log them.

Otherwise the once-a-week tends to turn into -every-dang-day. At least when I log it I have to own it.

I don't believe all these people who say they, "Never go over." How does that even not happen, ever?
  • Girlikecupcake
    Girlikecupcake Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, I log everything. It's the best way for me to properly see the patterns and habits I have, and be able to look back and evaluate progress or lack of.
  • 69HealthyMe
    69HealthyMe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I log it. It may not be pretty but if I ate it I log it.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    yes, I log everything. The moment i come to a hault I need to review everything I put into my mouth that perhaps could have caused me to slow or stall my weight loss.
  • wetheskinny
    wetheskinny Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't really have cheat days, but I do a cheat meal every now and then. I always log it though. The calories still count regardless of whether I log it or not - why not have it written down so I at least have the data for next time?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. There is a vast world of difference between eating what you want and knowing what you ate, and not knowing and pretending it wasn't so bad. A week later when you haven't resumed any losses, no need to be confused when you know you actually blew through two weeks worth of your deficit with the extra pizza and cheesecake that one day.