alcohol?

Options
2»

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eliminate it...simply incorporate it. Switch out alcohol for exercise and see how this acts as a de-stressor.

My diary is open and I have ~1-2 beers daily. I just ensure my caloric budget allows it.
  • AmandaEdwards1
    AmandaEdwards1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I, too, and going to try to go now alcohol for two months. I put a lot of blame on me--and my love of wine-- for gaining 30 lbs since the birth of my daughter three years ago. I also think alcohol has caused other health issues and is making me not sleep so well, so I am looking forward to seeing if some of these things can be curbed by cutting out my daily bottle of wine. That's right...bottle. It's not something I NEED, so why not take this time for me to take a break and reap the benefits of no alcohol.

I am on day three, haha, so I don't have any advice yet. But I believe you can do it if it is something that you want.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I should preface this by saying I am literally sipping a jack and ginger right now. I have never completely eliminated alcohol, but have made many different choices when it comes to social events where alcohol was served. I frequently skipped out on happy hours or social functions at bars with friends and instead would have a drink at home, which usually suited me just fine. For me, the booze at a bar led to the nachos and mini tacos and stuff. If I know I am going to have a few drinks, I just adjust what I eat through out the day to make it so that I am not over my calories. Or over by a lot. There are a few days where I don't care if I am over or not and alcohol is usually involved in those - birthday, superbowl, weddings, etc... Good luck.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, single, and like to date. And I don't like coffee dates. Otherwise, I don't need it. I just like having a couple drinks on a date and really when I'm in a deficit there isn't room for a couple drinks.

So I'll be a hermit for a couple months I guess.
  • Acem24
    Acem24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I'm 32, single, and like to date. And I don't like coffee dates. Otherwise, I don't need it. I just like having a couple drinks on a date and really when I'm in a deficit there isn't room for a couple drinks.

#hermitlife
    no one sees me for 2 years then I pop up and no one recognizes me lol best and worst feeling.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Acem24 wrote: »

#hermitlife
    no one sees me for 2 years then I pop up and no one recognizes me lol best and worst feeling.

I'm a textbook introvert. I can go an entire weekend without talking to anyone but my grocer. Such a little hermit.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I have a couple friends who drink on a more or less daily basis. They don't get hammered every day, but at least a couple beers/mixed drinks, then usually tie one on during the weekend at some point. Anything fun they do has to involve alcohol. They also spend a lot of time thinking/talking about the fact that they should cut back, and they make a big deal out of it when they somehow manage to go 3 or 4 days without a drink.

IMO, if alcohol consumes that much of your time, thoughts and efforts, it's time to evaluate your relationship with alcohol because it's not a healthy one.
  • Acem24
    Options

#hermitlife

I'm a textbook introvert. I can go an entire weekend without talking to anyone but my grocer. Such a little hermit.

That is textbook. You got a lot on mind or you truly love your alone time? Sometimes I get so in to a hobby that I lose track of the world.
  • bbell1985
    Options

#hermitlife

That is textbook. You got a lot on mind or you truly love your alone time? Sometimes I get so in to a hobby that I lose track of the world.

People exhaust me and I like to be alone.
  • Acem24
    Options

#hermitlife

People exhaust me and I like to be alone.

That is deff textbook introvert. You should write a lot! Maybe put out a book. If your looking for another hobby to pursue. Im getting into reading now it's fun!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    There’s no harm in doing a dry spell, is there? Just to show the sauce who’s boss, if for nothing else. It is a straightforward way to reduce calories and helps your self control.
  • caroline_mason42
    caroline_mason42 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have switched to only drinking at weekends (although special occasions such as birthdays etc don't count), I am also eating my calories but not my exercise calories which I am saving up for a drink at the weekends :smile: