Stronglift advice

Options
Hi; wanted to know from anyone who has done stronglift 5*5 program; how long (mins/hours) does it take from beginning to end for one gym session? Trying to get an idea of average time; so I can schedule the rest of my day. I have cardio/group tennis lessons a few days every week; should this be done before or after lessons? Thanks in advance

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    When I did 5x5, I always did any cardio afterwards, just so I was fresh for my lifting session. As far as time goes, it's going to depend on how long you rest between sets and how challenging the day's workout is for you and whether you have to wait for a rack at the gym. When I started, it would take me about 15 minutes. As I worked up in weight, I think the most time I ever spent on it was about 40 minutes.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Early in the program, when the weights were lighter, it took less than 45 minutes per session. As the weight got heavier and I needed more rest between sets, more like an hour.

I would always lift before cardio, personally.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    30-45 minutes for me. I lift before cardio or do alternating days. If your lessons require your full energy and attention you would want to do that first or on separate days.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    39 mins, unless you have to wait for equipment. Cardio aftet