The Will to continue losing weight

Options
I lost 20 lbs in 2 months kept it off for a year! I don’t eat much due to my illnesses, my appetite is horrible most of the time but when I do eat, I ended up endulging in sweets. I could have been near my goal weight of 180 by now.....I stay in so much pain so exercise is hard to do but I’m going to retry again. New year; new me! Right

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What causes your pain?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Sweets don't cause fat gain anymore than any other food of the same calories. If you are not losing fat or losing it too slowly it is because you are consuming too many calories. Do your illnesses or medications cause water weight gain?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I hope you have progress pics of the "lighter you" to help with your dedication. That helps me a lot!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about exercise and weightloss, instead focus on your will to eat less, but better. I hope you can get help for your pain/illness.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    What causes your pain?
    I’m curious about this too. Are there any nutritional tweaks you can make to reduce your pain?
  • ssurvivor
    ssurvivor Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    rettahands wrote: »
    I lost 20 lbs in 2 months kept it off for a year! I don’t eat much due to my illnesses, my appetite is horrible most of the time but when I do eat, I ended up endulging in sweets. I could have been near my goal weight of 180 by now.....I stay in so much pain so exercise is hard to do but I’m going to retry again. New year; new me! Right

I've been in the same boat. Some of my medications make eating unbearable.

I pretty much I found that when I don't eat throughout the day, I end up over-indulging on granola bars. So I got my oncologist to prescribe Zofran and I force myself to eat something within an hour of waking up. I also make sure I drink at least 1500 mL of water (2000 is ideal, but 1500 keeps me from wanting to binge).

I know that the granola bar craving is my body's way of searching for nutrients, so I make sure I take all of my vitamins. And I take them with milk or apple cider.

As far as exercise, try to do the exercises your last PT had you doing. It may not be much, but at least you're getting the lactic acid flowing a bit until you're ready to start an exercise program.

• WifeandMomof06
    WifeandMomof06 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    JeromeBerry1
    I have fibromyalgia and A chronic liver disease
  • WifeandMomof06
    Options
    Nowine4me
    JeromeBerry1
    I have fibromyalgia and A chronic liver disease

• WifeandMomof06
    Options
    Sweets don't cause fat gain anymore than any other food of the same calories. If you are not losing fat or losing it too slowly it is because you are consuming too many calories. Do your illnesses or medications cause water weight gain?

Yes, I’m on immune suppression’s due to no immune system. They cause weight gain and water weight! Sugar intact does, apply access weight gain, when your not eating a balanced meal! I know how to eat healthy, I rarely eat carbs, I don’t cook with fats don’t buy butter, I steam my veggies. It’s just sweets and chips are my food when I can’t eat, it’s the taste! I’m doing much better with finding the balance; I’ve cut red meat and pop out completely
  • WifeandMomof06
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I hope you have progress pics of the "lighter you" to help with your dedication. That helps me a lot!

Yes, I do lol I can tell the difference! You look awesome!!! Congratulations on how far you’ve come!!
  • WifeandMomof06
    Options
    Don't worry about exercise and weightloss, instead focus on your will to eat less, but better. I hope you can get help for your pain/illness.

Thank you so much! I’m managing the pain, exercising more through it! They don’t give me pain meds, which Is fine, I’m use to it now
  • WifeandMomof06
    Options
    ssurvivor wrote: »

I've been in the same boat. Some of my medications make eating unbearable.

I pretty much I found that when I don't eat throughout the day, I end up over-indulging on granola bars. So I got my oncologist to prescribe Zofran and I force myself to eat something within an hour of waking up. I also make sure I drink at least 1500 mL of water (2000 is ideal, but 1500 keeps me from wanting to binge).

I know that the granola bar craving is my body's way of searching for nutrients, so I make sure I take all of my vitamins. And I take them with milk or apple cider.

As far as exercise, try to do the exercises your last PT had you doing. It may not be much, but at least you're getting the lactic acid flowing a bit until you're ready to start an exercise program.

Yes, you understand fully how it is! Great to know someone relates to the up and down of eating, which is out of our control mostly! I too take Zolfran for nausea it helps, I have added more water on my daily achievements, I need to buckle down and drink more like you lolbvs...Thank you for understanding and I hope it gets better for you