ketogenics Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    am2485 wrote: »
    Started Keto on the 1st. I'm down 7lbs as of today. I feel like I've been getting conflicting information from all the Keto Calculators out there to decide the best macros for me. How did you all determine your macros?

Googled as much as I can to see what is optimal, looked at multiple calculators to try to find a mean
  • Candy0516
    Candy0516 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am feeling the effects of the Keto Flu right now and it’s not fun. Hopefully I will get over this soon.
  • Jushere018
    Jushere018 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mine is probably considered more low carb than keto, but I’ve always loved the lifestyle. I dropped over 70 lbs a few years ago when I started it. Had a rough couple of years, and ready to get back on it. Sadly, I have over 100 lbs to lose :/ but I’m committed to doing it, I can’t feel like crap anymore. Started last Saturday, and down almost 10 lbs already. Loving it so far! I find most of my recipes on Pinterest
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Jushere018 wrote: »
    Mine is probably considered more low carb than keto, but I’ve always loved the lifestyle. I dropped over 70 lbs a few years ago when I started it. Had a rough couple of years, and ready to get back on it. Sadly, I have over 100 lbs to lose :/ but I’m committed to doing it, I can’t feel like crap anymore. Started last Saturday, and down almost 10 lbs already. Loving it so far! I find most of my recipes on Pinterest

You’ve got this!! I have also found most of my recipes on Pinterest, as well as just tweaking some of my regular recipes.
  • crawfordjenn0820
    crawfordjenn0820 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    wooohoooo!!!! ... down 7lbs first week :)
  • crawfordjenn0820
    Options
    Candy0516 wrote: »
    I am feeling the effects of the Keto Flu right now and it’s not fun. Hopefully I will get over this soon.

mine pasted in 48 hours ... drink lots of electrolytes
  • crawfordjenn0820
    Options

Jushere2018 : I understand completely ... I dropped 80 lbs a few years back. I did low fat and low carbs . Unfortunately I have gained 100 back. My battle with Breast Cancer over the last three years hasn't helped in that department either. I tried to do my previous diet and had zero luck I would loose 2 or 3 lbs the first couple of days and then nothing. for some reason the high fat content is doing the trick for me now. I just hope I can keep going on this trend... I kicked cancers *kitten*, I will be damn if I cant kick this fats *kitten* too! LOL!!!
  • Jushere018
    Options

Jushere2018 : I understand completely ... I dropped 80 lbs a few years back. I did low fat and low carbs . Unfortunately I have gained 100 back. My battle with Breast Cancer over the last three years hasn't helped in that department either. I tried to do my previous diet and had zero luck I would loose 2 or 3 lbs the first couple of days and then nothing. for some reason the high fat content is doing the trick for me now. I just hope I can keep going on this trend... I kicked cancers *kitten*, I will be damn if I cant kick this fats *kitten* too! LOL!!!
    Oh my goodness! I’m sorry you had to go through that:( I lost my mom in March of 2017 to cancer. I was just looking back at my diary history, and seen exactly when she passed because I quit logging and exercising
  • LadyDeadpool30
    LadyDeadpool30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 and I'm struggling.
  • Jushere018
    Options
    I'm on day 4 and I'm struggling.
    It does get easier. The first week or so is rough
  • mmanderr18
    mmanderr18 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m back on the Keto bandwagon! Would love to build a Keto support system on here to help keep me going! If anyone wants to friend me, I’d appreciate it!
  • mdrod63
    mdrod63 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Started doing Keto 3months ago. Did well and then the holidays came in but back on now, would enjoy being part of a keto support group. If anyone starts one feel free and add me. Thanks
  • HeavierThanAire
    HeavierThanAire Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Before I knew of such a thing, I did a semi Keto diet about 10 years ago and lost 30 pounds. I actually did a zone diet, which I didn't know about either. I went 40-30-30. Wasn't hard because I like vegetables. I ran and lifted regularly. The weights seemed to help the most, other than the good diet.
  • crawfordjenn0820
    Options
    any suggestion of keto safe slower cooker recipes? working twelve hours a day this week and need something i can throw in the crockpot or pressure cooker :smile:
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    any suggestion of keto safe slower cooker recipes? working twelve hours a day this week and need something i can throw in the crockpot or pressure cooker :smile:

Pinterest is great for this! I’ve done steak bites, bacon cheeseburger casserole, taco soup, white chicken chili, zucchini lasagna, and stuffed pepper soup (I left out the rice), all in my CP.